Previous topic - Next topic

Will Joel Selwwod Play this week?

Yes
19 (41.3%)
No
27 (58.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Cruiseon

For what it is worth I think he will play. At half time he apparently went around to the group apologising he couldn't come back on - unbelievable.

simma1978

Quote from: Cruiseon on March 28, 2011, 04:28:34 PM

For what it is worth I think he will play. At half time he apparently went around to the group apologising he couldn't come back on - unbelievable.

He's a freak isn't he???????? Knocked out cold for around 3 minutes, face smashed and gives an apology. Classic!!!

freaks

he may or may not play this week but next week unless he does something really bad i would presume he will be playing...one of the toughest players in AFL at the moment

Wish i knew he was going to get knocked out :( could of gotten him at a cheaper price in 3 weeks :(

supercoachheroes

geelong have said he will most like not play this week, i think a trade would be smart to a rookie who will go up a lot as after selwood drops due to his terrible score they will be similar prices anyway, and you can always get selwood later

roo boys!

ladasp

if u dont have him pick him up cheap. if u do have him like me save your trade, when u have an extra one at the end of the season ull be thankful. im thinking swallow or harris will cover him just fine till hes back.

Slashers

I don't think he will play.
They were talking about it on the radio this morning. They say because its an interstate game, it introduces additional flight complications that can come from having concussion. So Geelong will rest him.

Maca24

hurts me if he doesnt play :(
Whats the news on Stevie Johnson? heard he has a leg injury already  >:(
cant belive the flowering luck.

Spite

It won't be as stupid as people are saying to get rid oh him. Trade him to someone, lets say bartel who is 80k cheaper. Wait until prices fluctuate and get him back in, he will drop around 100k-120k depending on his next scores. You have two weeks to get him because of his bye, so you can save up and buy him back for your team at a much less cost.
Say instead you kept him, and had to fork out an 50k on bartel's starting price as he might rise.
That trade costs you a trade, but you gain around 200k, which is what you want with a trade.

Think about the gary ablett for dane swan and getting gary back which happened last season. That move was genius for those who did it, although its not exactly the same and is still risky.

If you are going for a league win, 100% keep him, but if you dont want to fall behind in the overall ranks, could think about what I said above.

charliesheen

Quote from: Spite on March 28, 2011, 09:02:02 PM
It won't be as stupid as people are saying to get rid oh him. Trade him to someone, lets say bartel who is 80k cheaper. Wait until prices fluctuate and get him back in, he will drop around 100k-120k depending on his next scores. You have two weeks to get him because of his bye, so you can save up and buy him back for your team at a much less cost.
Say instead you kept him, and had to fork out an 50k on bartel's starting price as he might rise.
That trade costs you a trade, but you gain around 200k, which is what you want with a trade.

Think about the gary ablett for dane swan and getting gary back which happened last season. That move was genius for those who did it, although its not exactly the same and is still risky.

If you are going for a league win, 100% keep him, but if you dont want to fall behind in the overall ranks, could think about what I said above.
going to trade him i think, could be worst decision ever buh oh well.  will probably get bartel.

Spite

Quote from: charliesheen on March 28, 2011, 09:13:01 PM

going to trade him i think, could be worst decision ever buh oh well.  will probably get bartel.

Bartel looks the best option, but might go down to someone like k.simpson even...

Slashers

Yea, Bartel might be a good idea (had him early on in team, but changed to Selwood when I found some spare cash). Or what about A.Swallow or even Fyfe (for a mid/fwd link I was hoping to pick up at some stage anyway - although sooner than expected).
I went with a heavy mid field this year (Swan, Goddard, Pendle, Cotchin, Rockliff, Selwood) and cheaper rookies on the bench (Conca, Liberatore, Bewick). Do you think I could still hold off for one more week and get a +100 score from one of those three on the bench? If so, which one?

Holz

Quote from: Spite on March 29, 2011, 12:53:50 AM
Quote from: charliesheen on March 28, 2011, 09:13:01 PM

Bartel looks the best option, but might go down to someone like k.simpson even...

if he misses this round im droping him for bartel immediately and i plan on upgrading foley to him round 7 after there bye, if i need the money drop duigan as he has the round 8 bye.

bluedreamin

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/selwood-may-return-after-horror-clash-20110328-1cdg7.html

Hard to keep this tough bugger down for long... would not surprise me in the slightest if he played.

Bob the builder

Quote from: supercoachheroes on March 28, 2011, 07:47:31 PM
geelong have said he will most like not play this week, i think a trade would be smart to a rookie who will go up a lot as after selwood drops due to his terrible score they will be similar prices anyway, and you can always get selwood later

So he may miss a week and you'll Trade him out just to Trade him back in?? Not so smart IMO..