Pass mark

Started by cortez, March 28, 2011, 10:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabo

2,271pts which put me at 11,565 - not great I know but it's my first season so I'm quite happy so far.

redfield

Quote from: mabo on March 28, 2011, 07:59:13 PM
2,271pts which put me at 11,565 - not great I know but it's my first season so I'm quite happy so far.

2222 and I'm ranked 21,311. As others have mentioned it just goes to show how easily rankings can alter during the early rounds. A solid 2400 next week could see someone (i.e me  ;D ) jump a lot of places. Do something Yarran! DO SOMETHING!!!!

Perthwildcat

Quote from: Fletch74 on March 28, 2011, 02:11:33 PM
Quote from: cortez on March 28, 2011, 11:16:30 AM
I said after this week. So if curnow kills it and Atley doesn't would you trade Atley for curnow since he will have a bigger price rise?
Atley will still make you money... Who's to say that Curnow will score big after Rd 3. Don't waste your trades.

+1

Trades are gold.  Keep him

sid3bysid3

i wouldnt panic... i picked my team to make sure it was deep enough and i had the flexibility during the multiple bye weeks.

i scored 2290 and tapscott who was on my bench up forward was the only ton i got there!

once rd 6 is complete that is where you'll see your true ranking... it will kill alot of teams

Dees for the Draft

I would've passed last week but for injuries.

I had Selwood, LeCras and Brown and still scored 2255!

It's annoying to have to spend two trades early though.

hawk_88

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on March 30, 2011, 10:28:06 PM
i wouldnt panic... i picked my team to make sure it was deep enough and i had the flexibility during the multiple bye weeks.

i scored 2290 and tapscott who was on my bench up forward was the only ton i got there!

once rd 6 is complete that is where you'll see your true ranking... it will kill alot of teams

To a point. A lot of players (myself included) have stacked up on players from teams who have one or two byes in the non-league rounds because we are going for League victory.

I am not sure if we will ever get the stats, but given the byes this year, I would be facinated to see the rankings for all rounds and the rankings for only the league rounds to see how they differ. The difference between League and Overall is going to be more significant this year.

Grazz

Usman

Quotei wouldnt panic... i picked my team to make sure it was deep enough and i had the flexibility during the multiple bye weeks.

To a point. A lot of players (myself included) have stacked up on players from teams who have one or two byes in the non-league rounds because we are going for League victory.

I am not sure if we will ever get the stats, but given the byes this year, I would be facinated to see the rankings for all rounds and the rankings for only the league rounds to see how they differ. The difference between League and Overall is going to be more significant this year.

Couldnt agree more most teams go for league wins but i think those that wen the overall strategy will outscore the others by a considerable margin in the league byes. So many people have 3 players in one position that miss due to the byes and if they get an injury or omission in the same line they are going to cop atleast 1 zero aswell as poor scores from bench players.

Alex7089

Quote from: oldshepp on March 28, 2011, 10:14:47 AM
Isn't it funny how Fantasy Football evolves and the coaches improve.

I can recall in the first season when passing 2k during any round used to be a pretty good event.

Now it seems anywhere under 2300 in the first round is below par score.

2297 for me BTW - Atley was schiezenhousen and probably doesn't even have value for me sitting on the bench !  Thank God for Harris and Swallow to add a bit more rookie respectability

I think it is more the people who used to be really bad getting better and contesting with the people who were good. The people who are great are still up there.

Problem is now everything gets handed to them on a platter, whether it be here or HS or wherever. Don't really have to do much pre-season research, just do what they are doing.

MrRiosWan

I started with 2150 in round 1 thanks to the soft skulls of Selwood and Waite but bounced back with a bit more respectable 2319 the following week. Jumped from 40,000 to 15,000.

nathan11

mmm not looking like i will get a pass this week barring miracles i will score <2200 and lose my first league games :'(

wow very bad day now would be happy with over 2000

cortez

I think alot of people are going to have bad weeks.

MrRiosWan

not sure the same high scores are going to be achievable with three teams out at once with the bye.

supercoachheroes

high scores are being produced early but just like last year if your consistently 2100+ you will slowly rise in rankings

Muneem

I still think its possible for many teams to pump out scores of 2200+ and maybe close to 2400. Getting big scores is still achievable, but not for my team.  :'(