Main Menu

AFL Dynasty Draft

Started by Maca24, March 27, 2011, 09:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hulmie

If i was you i'd be playing Dids on the half forward line i think he plays his best football there.

If you have these experienced players in your team they teach the younger players and help them develop. Plus there's plenty of good young players around.

Andrew3737

I guess. I like him always near the ball though. So he can just work his magic whenever. But yes, I can put him in the HF line. See how my team pans out.

Hulmie

I guess you also have the option of rotating him and another midfielder through the Forward line instead of on the bench.

bomberboy0618

Then just relabel the draft as picking 29 yr old defeats the purpose imo.
But w/e.

Andrew3737

Aim of the draft is to build a team to have the best chance of winning the most premierships.

CrowsFan

Agree with andrew here. Someone has to win the premiership in the next 2 years and it's not going to be a team of 20 year olds.

My team so far:
FB - ???, Rutten, ???
HB - ???, Bock, ???
C - ???, ???, ???
HF - ???, ???, ???
FF - ???, ???, ???
R - Sandilands, Hodge, ???

May also play Hodge off a back flank, not really decided. As you can see like andrew's team it is full of experienced players as they have a better chance winning in the next 2-3 years :)

Justin Bieber

I've got:
HF: Buddy
HB: Taylor
RR: A. Swallow

Coming into their peak so looking good right now 8).

Boomz

B: ---, Frawley, ---
HB: Goddard, ---, ---
C: ---, --- ,---
HF: ---, ---, ---
F: Lecras ---, ---
Foll: ---, --- ,---

bomberboy0618

Isn't it about players who are about to peak? 28-29 yr old have definitely already peaked.

Hulmie

No dynasty is about creating a team who is going to win the most premierships. In reality you want to get a good mix of Veterans and youth.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Hulmie on April 12, 2011, 12:43:04 PM
No dynasty is about creating a team who is going to win the most premierships. In reality you want to get a good mix of Veterans and youth.
This. Some are in their peak while others coming up to it soon. So 20 y.o's aren't a great option but 22-24 year olds mixed with some in their mid-late 20's are a good mix.

Boomz

Have a look at collingwoods team... They're still young & but have the experienced players mixed in.

Andrew3737

Its about building a team to win premierships over a X amount of time.

For example, I pick the best players avaliable right now. You pick the best potential players that might* become elite. The best players will always win at this time. You may win later on but how many?

* the players who have potential to become elite, may even not become elite. They could get an injury or just not reach it.

With my current team, I am looking @ Premierships for the first 3-4 years and then rebuilding later on. In this draft, there will be about 3 teams that will dominate and the others will be borderline contending. That's generally how drafts pan out. So If I win just one premiership with this team, thats going to be better then almost all the teams that are in this.

When people say Dynasty, they always get young players. I am taking advantage of that and picking the best current players which gives me the best chance to win the most premierships. Its always my strategy to go all out with the best current players because it gives you a window where no one else really has one. Which gives me the best team for that year, and ultimately a premiership. I won't have as much competition in the 1st-3rd years as the other teams will have in 3rd-10th years. Gives me a lot better chance of winning premierships, which this draft is all about.

Boomz

When u lose don't cry & moan like usual ok Andrew? ::)

Andrew3737

lol.........

Also, is it going to be a poll thing as usual? What will be the question on the Poll? What is the best team? Who will in the most premierships?

Prob should sort it out soonish.