Prospector's Team

Started by Prospector_1, March 27, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospector_1

Have Petrie as back up for the 2 big rucks in their byes, so why use 2 trades in ruck to make money when there's more to be made elsewhere on the field, and you might need 'em on the field?

Gamble is I think the big weak point at present, but he'll get a little more time yet. Gotta hold those trades if I can.

TheHanger

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 13, 2011, 11:55:11 PM
Have Petrie as back up for the 2 big rucks in their byes, so why use 2 trades in ruck to make money when there's more to be made elsewhere on the field, and you might need 'em on the field?

Gamble is I think the big weak point at present, but he'll get a little more time yet. Gotta hold those trades if I can.

yeah good call, i was thinking z smith as a good backup but mainly a good cash cow
im also not a petrie fan because a broken foot is in my opinion the worst injury an athlete can sustain. he broke both feet

valkorum

Smith looks like turning in to good backup AND a good cash cow

Prospector_1

OUT Gamble ($157,000) IN Dawes ($320,900)

Bewick on field due to a miscalculation when bringing in Libba - didn't look closely enough at the byes! Oh well, not the end of the world.

Prospector_1

OUT Liberatore ($228,200)   IN Wallis ($92,500)
OUT Richardson ($136,700)  IN Tippett ($114,400)

Rem. Salary Cap: $179,900

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brady Rawlings, Brett Deledio, Nick Lower, Dyson Heppell, Danny Stanley (Joshua Toy, Nick Duigan, Andrew Otten)

Matthew Boyd, Leigh Montagna, Brent Harvey, Edward Curnow, Daniel Harris, Mitch Wallis (Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Rohan Bewick)

Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox (Joel Tippett, Broc McCauley)

Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Nick Riewoldt,  Brandon Matera, Jack Darling, Luke Tapscott, Drew Petrie (Dion Prestia, Chris Dawes, Andrew Krakouer)

Andrew

You're looking good! Wish I hung onto Krakouer... you're primed to do something with him & Prestia now.

Wish I got Rawlings instead of Enright this week, he looks like a good unique premium defender (won't be many of them). Duigan is a seller for you next week so you could maybe wait after his bye for when Enright bottoms out (would be good trading). Iles the better pick than Wallis unfortunately but good play with bringing in Tippett. I did the reverse by starting with Tippett and bringing in Petrie after his 143. People laughed after he struggled last week but a ripper score this week.

Prospector_1

Ha, I did Duigan --> Enright in SC before this week. Will be much better in DT after this week!

Prepared to hold judgement a little while on Wallis. Tippett was always on the cards once Petrie had been available through R4 - R6 for Cox & Sandi byes. Cheap ruck cover, then cheap forward upgrade.

Thanks for your support and good luck for the season, Andrew!

Prospector_1

OUT Otten ($197,000)IN Shaw ($358,700)
OUT Curnow ($279,800)IN Jacobs ($100,500)

Rem. Salary Cap $197,500

Brendon Goddard, Brady Rawlings, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Nick Lower, Dyson Heppell, Danny Stanley (Bryce Gibbs, Joshua Toy, Nick Duigan)

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Matthew Boyd, Brent Harvey, Edward Curnow, Rohan Bewick (Leigh Montagna,  Daniel Harris, Mitch Wallis)

Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox (Joel Tippett, Broc McCauley)

Lance Franklin, Steve Johnson, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Dawes, Jack Darling, Luke Tapscott, Drew Petrie (Dion Prestia, Andrew Krakouer,  Brandon Matera)

Andrew

Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 13, 2011, 08:35:09 PM
OUT Otten ($197,000)IN Shaw ($358,700)
OUT Curnow ($279,800)IN Jacobs ($100,500)

Two big trades! Congrats. I made a late call to hold Curnow, hope it was the right one. Otten's knee seems chronic and I also upgraded to Shaw (for Grimes).

Prospector_1

OUT Tapscott ($209,900) IN Goodes ($362,900)

Chopps

good move how does your overall team look now

MissPiesFF

Just out of curiosity Pros..why did you out Libba 3 rounds back?

Prospector_1

LIbba was rested, Wallis came in, and I was looking at a dohnut or two due to Pies bye and Bewick's hip (I think).

Happily, in SC I had cover, and kept him (No Pendlebury in SC).

Andrew

I did Libba -> Iles and since last week have been regretting it. This week it meant I had to play Bewick who scored 36. Not good play selling Libba.

Prospector, congrats on the Tapscott -> Goodes trade, perfectly timed. And well done on holding Lower I think it's a big advantage to all who did (including me hehehe).

Prospector_1

Quote from: Andrew on May 22, 2011, 01:55:24 PM
... congrats on the Tapscott -> Goodes trade, perfectly timed. And well done on holding Lower I think it's a big advantage to all who did (including me hehehe).

Yeah, amazing luck for me. Gee Lower really seems worth holding onto atm, eh, Andrew!