The sub rule + concussion vent post

Started by CFC 1979, March 25, 2011, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

CuStArDaRm

oh it hurts. Selwood in SC killed me watching his score drop qtr to qtr.
The sub rule i think we can get around with a bit of strategy but the concussion rule is a complete c.unt!

brent_bren

im gutted foley got taken of lastnight and now selwood gets knocked out im getting shafted bigtime ohhhh by the way selwood was my captain

FUK SAKE!!!

FactHunt

stuart6982

you guys are knobs...The concussion rule is there to protect the players....You are blaming the concussion rule for selwood tonight. what a bunch of morons.. he was taken to hospital and would never have come back on regardless...The sub rule on the other hand is stupid as it is now. They shouldnt have to nominate one player...they should be able to choose from the 1 left over interchange + 3 emergencies..that way teams can cover their bases depending on who they want to sub off

Slashers

I've seen selwood take some hard hits and come back on - many times. Many, many times. Infact several times a year.
He even seems to lift.
They say hospital was just precautionary, he can't playon (because of the sub rule), so why not just send him off.
This incident may have been on the hard side, so can't be too harsh. But there will be many softer incidents to come. It will frustrate some players I'm sure.
Does having concussion automatically render a player unable to make a decision? I'm not a medical expert.
Aren't there different degree's of concussion? It seems as soon as they are off, thats it.
Hit and miss - makes no sense.
Gone are the days of a player with half his head held together with tape, kicking the winning goal.
Gone are the days of the hard-nut Selwood brothers.

brent_bren

yep its just hard because he was a supercoach player of mine!!! but def not well enough to come back no way!!

essendon33

Yeh i have him as well, it was a huge hit and if hospial was just precautionary do u think he will be right next week???
Im hoping so...

Alex7089

He will be fine next week. I think if it weren't for the rule he would have been asking to go back on last night. Doubt they would let him but that is who he is. He doesn't feel pain :P
Completely burnt though. After Yarran screwed me over I needed all my prems to lift to get me at least 2100 but now...2,000 is looking tough. BOO.

charliesheen

so is anyone worried about dangerfield and the concussion rule?

lol

graphite

stewfoss

AFL, or Supercoach.
Make your decision, which do you prefer???

Yes, these rules quite clearly suck for supercoach. But it is still yet to be seen how it will impact AFL.

Now, personally, i would rather see the game itself progress for the better than for supercoach.

And the concussion rule? How on earth could you hate that? You would honestly rather see Selwood get on the field after taking that knock?
It doesn't matter if it's a heavy hit or a minor one, if a player suffers any degree of concussion they should not be back on the field. period. Seriously, be real. Anyone that thinks the concussion rule is broken is an absolute tool.

Please people, wait for the year to pan out before making your claims! To do so after a pre season is just foolish

/vent

ando_10

aghhh dont even get me started i havent been affected by the sub rule/concussion rule yet (besides krakeour)

but i got 2 words for it ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!

supercoach addict

Yeah I don't see how you can argue with the concussion rule because its for the players wellbeing, but the sub rule is BS and needs to be done away with!

supercoach addict

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on March 25, 2011, 11:45:48 PM
oh it hurts. Selwood in SC killed me watching his score drop qtr to qtr.
The sub rule i think we can get around with a bit of strategy but the concussion rule is a complete c.unt!

I reckon its the opposite. The concussion thing well, if one of your players is concussed your just plain unlucky. That's the same as it was last year. But the sub rule is stuffing things up so bad! They don't just sub off duds or injured guys either.