Cyril or Goodes?

Started by cramers15, March 23, 2011, 11:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramers15

With Goodes dominating the pre season but being almost 32 years old..and cyril consistantly going up over the last few years its a hard choice. Cyril seems set for alot of midfield time and Goodes being set up as a permanent forward...again.
Do we choose Cyril for his youth and potential? or the experienced Goodes?

BratPack

I would choose Delicious. There's too many questions about Goodesy for me

Najoman_86

Proven SC performer, dual brownlow medalist, club captain, undervalued at current price, Mid/Fwd MPP, 90+ppg average

Goodes all the way out of the two

Personally, have both at the moment

bluedreamin

I have both but if forced to choose I would go for Goodes. Yes, he's 32 but the man has a body that will not stop. Cyril has had his fair share of soft tissue injuries and his pre-season form was nothing flash.

cramers15

Yea i know Goodes is in great form i just dont like the fact that he has played forward in every NAB cup game. He showed last year that if he is playing forward he will put in some shocking SC scores aswell as some big ones. And with Cyril you dont normally count out premiums on NAB form. There only going half pace most of the time.

burner11

Quote from: Najoman_86 on March 23, 2011, 11:29:53 AM
Proven SC performer, dual brownlow medalist, club captain, undervalued at current price, Mid/Fwd MPP, 90+ppg average

Agreed, Only problem is i have Franklin and Goodes and can't seem to squeeze Cyril in atm due to the bye this year

Najoman_86

Quote from: burner11 on March 23, 2011, 12:01:14 PM

Agreed, Only problem is i have Franklin and Goodes and can't seem to squeeze Cyril in atm due to the bye this year

Don't think Rioli would be essential if you have your 3-4 forward premiums set. May be a trade in target once the Hawks have their first bye? Although, Hawks have an awesome run of fixtures between Rd2-4 (Rich, Melb, WC, I think?). That bit might not help much... but just a few things worth considering

Talisman

Quote from: burner11 on March 23, 2011, 12:01:14 PM

Personally, I have Cyril & Goodes in my fwd line, along with Buddy too.
Yes, Cyril & Buddy have the bye together, but with no Freo or Cats players in my fwd line (or any other hawks), they will be the only 2 missing from my fwd line come rd. 6... To try to have less than 2 players out in any line during the 3 team byes is nigh on impossible - I think people are stressing about it too much & need to concentrate on minimising the number of players out during the multi-byes & picking the players they believe will be the best for them.

Back to the question at hand, I'd have to go Goodes if forced to choose between the 2 - must get on Goodes when he's flying & don't forget that he's been in great form preseason playing as a fwd without bradshaw anyway!! Very underpriced for mine!

cramers15

very glad that i ended up going cyril :)

bluedreamin

After only one game? Come on. That's a pretty early call. It might be the right call but I would think we'd want to see a few more games being certain :)

cortez

I love it how people are making up there minds on players after 1 game. There are 23 more rounds people!

cramers15

no not just because of one game, but because its clear that goodes will spend majority of his time in the forward line until someone else can fill that spot,..eg bradshaw..he is known to be very inconsistant up there, and he is going to drop alot making a good upgrade target later on, when he starts playing mid.

cortez

Hope he comes out and scores 120 now

diddley

i think last weeks scores are enough to show that cyril is the way to go.

meow meow

Remember last year how everyone jumped on Cyril after Roo did the 'string? be wary of young Delicious.