Ben Jacobs

Started by CFC 1979, March 23, 2011, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

Finally some good news on the rookie front ;

PORT Adelaide draftee Ben Jacobs could return to the SANFL as early as round three after recovering from a severe bout of glandular fever that saw him lose seven kilograms and spend five days in hospital.

hopefully he pulls up well for midseason downgrade

Rolfy

7kgs is a lot of bulk to put back on!

Ziplock

Maybe he was just carrying a little fat (crosses fingers)

PowerMan

Benny Jacobs currently has 15 dis (8 kicks/7handballs) @ the 8:23min mark in the 3rd 1/4

PowerMan

he ended up with 22 touches

14 kicks
8 handballs
1 tackle
1 mark
7 inside 50s
and only the 1 clanger

couldn't be more impressive,
get him in the Power side now Primus!

http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match2/

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: PowerMan on May 01, 2011, 06:41:28 PM
he ended up with 22 touches

14 kicks
8 handballs
1 tackle
1 mark
7 inside 50s
and only the 1 clanger

couldn't be more impressive,
get him in the Power side now Primus!

http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match2/

+1 !

Windigo

Super talent! He will play AFL in 2 weeks. Then Harris>Benny Jacobs.

Also, it wasn't glandular fever that kept him sidelined it was leather poisoning. The ball just follows him around like an obedient puppy......He better live up to expectations.  :P

Ago97

Quote from: Windigo on May 01, 2011, 06:44:30 PM
Super talent! He will play AFL in 2 weeks. Then Harris>Benny Jacobs.
+1

bundyboy

Primus has nothing else to work with - so you would think Jacobs would go straight in as soon as he is anywhere near match fit..

yorgis

played eally well today, backing up his performance last week. should be in the mix this week or next. also keep your eyes on ruckman/forward matt lobbe, had a fairly good first game back

hardnut

I'm almost prepared to go against my normal rule and just speculatively trade him in as I'm searching for a downgrade option with MPP and though most are on Hibberd I'm not convinced he'll hold his spot in the side whilst surely Port will give their highest draft pick a decent run at it

Fenno

Quote from: yorgis on May 01, 2011, 09:08:51 PM
played eally well today, backing up his performance last week. should be in the mix this week or next. also keep your eyes on ruckman/forward matt lobbe, had a fairly good first game back
Lobbe first game back was last week in the reserves and he stunk. Did nothing at all any good. Yea it was his first game back from injury but it was the SANFL reserves and he is meant to be an AFL player and he was smashed couldn't take a mark and got smashed in the ruck.

PowerMan

Primus just said no about Jacobs debuting on 5aa! not enough game time played.

deekay

Quote from: PowerMan on May 04, 2011, 07:06:41 PM
Primus just said no about Jacobs debuting on 5aa! not enough game time played.

>:( what does primus know...his team lost to gold coast!  ;)

elephants

i hate matt primus. no wonder port are crummy....