Main Menu

Banned from live chat? Don't know why?

Started by Prospector_1, May 17, 2009, 01:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

higgins76

i got banned but i hav no idea y!! i diddnt do anything wrong!!! give me answers m0nty!!!!!!

m0nty

Quote from: higgins76 on June 05, 2010, 10:46:07 PM
i got banned but i hav no idea y!! i diddnt do anything wrong!!! give me answers m0nty!!!!!!

Perhaps it was because you were posting complete rubbish yesterday.

Staggs

what about me m0nty?  :-[
can u at least tell me why im banned?

Master Q

Oh not again. m0nty I thought we understood each other  ;) Just a little stir of the pot, you get it.

Prospector_1

Master Q

I sort of did, but I thought m0nty could take it  :P

BratPack

Why do I suddenly hear "Why Can't We Be Friends"?  :P

m0nty

Quote from: Master Q on July 10, 2010, 05:50:34 PM
Oh not again. m0nty I thought we understood each other  ;) Just a little stir of the pot, you get it.

All I understand is that I don't need rubbish like that from people who should know better. I am sick of seeing your nick, to be honest. I don't see a reason to unban you, since you don't talk about actual football on the chat.

Master Q

Quote from: m0nty on July 11, 2010, 01:42:01 AM
Quote from: Master Q on July 10, 2010, 05:50:34 PM
I don't see a reason to unban you, since you don't talk about actual football on the chat.
If you followed these guidlines, you wouldn't have a chat :-\

McRooster

You have been banned from the FanFooty game chat.

FanFooty will ban you if you abuse the chat by swearing, making racist remarks, insulting other posters, posting bogus injury information, or ignoring the football game.

These rules are in place to ensure a friendly, football-focused chat environment. If you can't handle that, that is your problem.

If you think you can abide by these rules and you want to get reinstated, please email m0nty@fanfooty.com.au.

My very first, and I'm not proud of what I wrote, but I thought other continuing commentary was far more off topic and in worse taste.
Mine was a crass return to someone looking for a counter punch and I'm the one knocked out?
I had contributed through the afternoon in the correct manner but one strike and that's it? Surely a three strike policy or something of that ilk is in order?
Does it now affect forum chat?

Prospector_1

Be sure to email m0nty briefly explaining, as you said, that you are "not proud of what I wrote", and will endeavour to avoid such behaviour in future.

McRooster

I have toed the party line and sent m0nty an email over a week ago but still remained banned, m0nty that is your decision and I accept that.

However, the chat in tonights Bombers v Nth Melb game is atrocious and being allowed to continue for some time. The level of vulgarity, racial vilification and off topic discussion is an embarrasment to the site and belittles the rules in place.
Seeing this sort of vitriole does demand some more intense moderation or censorship standards may intervene.
I have kept a 2nd qtr highlights log of the parties involved and believe you me, what I was recently banned for, seems miniscule and pedantic.

Equality not racism, acceptace not hatred.

Stay premium.

Master Q

Quote from: McRooster on July 24, 2010, 08:45:19 PM
I have toed the party line and sent m0nty an email over a week ago but still remained banned, m0nty that is your decision and I accept that.

However, the chat in tonights Bombers v Nth Melb game is atrocious and being allowed to continue for some time. The level of vulgarity, racial vilification and off topic discussion is an embarrasment to the site and belittles the rules in place.
Seeing this sort of vitriole does demand some more intense moderation or censorship standards may intervene.
I have kept a 2nd qtr highlights log of the parties involved and believe you me, what I was recently banned for, seems miniscule and pedantic.

Stay premium.
Rooster I see what you mean, but by the lack of icons I think m0nty is taking a break from the site...

McRooster

Yes Q, I accept that.
But in m0nty's absence there needs to be a proxy moderator, someone with the power to remove the filth before the censorship board takes it away from us.
Anyone can view this, anyone.

ossie85

Quote from: McRooster on July 24, 2010, 08:45:19 PM

Stay premium.

It was disgusting McRooster. Can't talk with people like that.

I reckon I agree!