Captain Loophole?

Started by Bennyy, March 22, 2011, 08:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyy

Does it actually work? I didnt get to try it last year as didnt have any captain candidates from carlton or richmond.
Does it let you still select a skipper on the friday or is that locked and loaded?
I have gibbs and deledio so want to do one of those if its possible
Help appreciated!! Just want to make sure

sid3bysid3

it only works if you are yet to activate captaincy.

if you havent name one of those guys VC and dont activate the captain option till friday (if neither score enough)

if deledio scores 140 as VC then dont select a captain and wait until next week to do so.

HevvieEvvie

Or you can give the C to a GC player who will score 0 and use your emergency  to pick up the points

Fletch74

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on March 22, 2011, 09:04:23 PM
it only works if you are yet to activate captaincy.

if you havent name one of those guys VC and dont activate the captain option till friday (if neither score enough)

if deledio scores 140 as VC then dont select a captain and wait until next week to do so.
Quote from: HevvieEvvie on March 22, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
Or you can give the C to a GC player who will score 0 and use your emergency  to pick up the points
Not exactly guys. If you have activated captaincy you can still get around it and you don't have to nominate a GC player.

If you have nominated Swan as captain already, then on Friday if you're happy with Judd/Gibbs score as VC, then trade out Swan, and trade him back in. The captaincy is gone, and you still get to use an emergency for Rd 1.

If you nominate a GC player as captain, you lose that emergency. Easy as!!

Slashers

Trading out/trading in didn't work last year, so I don't think it will work this year.
I tried it during the mid season split. When you trade, the incoming player is set as captain.
Unless its different because its the first main lockout phase.
Once you have set a C, you can't get rid of it. Its easier if hopefully you haven't set a C yet. Otherwise you have to go down the alternative complicated 'non playing player' method.

Fletch74

Quote from: Slashers on March 23, 2011, 04:11:50 PM
Trading out/trading in didn't work last year, so I don't think it will work this year.
I tried it during the mid season split. When you trade, the incoming player is set as captain.
Once you have set a C, you can't get rid of it. Its easier if hopefully you haven't set a C yet. Otherwise you have to go down the alternative complicated 'non playing player' method.
Well it just worked for me. I traded Goddard out for Swan, saved my team, then traded Swan out for Goddard and i don't have a captain. I only have a VC.

Slashers

They have either changed it (doubt it), or its working because its still pre-season.
I bet it wont work mid-season though.

"...Goddard out for Swan, saved my team, then traded Swan out for Goddard..."
NO SWAN?  :o

Fletch74

Quote from: Slashers on March 23, 2011, 04:51:27 PM
They have either changed it (doubt it), or its working because its still pre-season.
I bet it wont work mid-season though.

"...Goddard out for Swan, saved my team, then traded Swan out for Goddard..."
NO SWAN?  :o
Upgrade Target

Nathans Brawlers

Dilds or Gibbs for the VC?

nathan11

just make sure you don't have a mpp named emergency that would be a big let down  ;D

j959

Quote from: Fletch74 on March 23, 2011, 04:40:03 PM
Quote from: Slashers on March 23, 2011, 04:11:50 PM
Well it just worked for me. I traded Goddard out for Swan, saved my team, then traded Swan out for Goddard and i don't have a captain. I only have a VC.
+1 i did it yesterday for both DT and SC.

put VC on Gibbs yesterday (he got 138 i think) but i've put the big "C" on Swanny now!   ;)

HevvieEvvie

Will Swanny score more than Gibbs though??

Big Lance

Quote from: HevvieEvvie on March 25, 2011, 04:36:30 PM
Will Swanny score more than Gibbs though??

risk it if u want, i wont be

WayneCarey

Im taking the risk on Gibbs 138.

Its worth a crack even if swan has a blinder and gets 160 you are only 22 behind....he might have a average game...at best he has to go 10 points or so better than average

A bird in the hand...................

CFC 1979

trading - in didn't work for me. still had the big C in the middle.

no probs though as i am going with swan C as his SC scores should be big