Live Supercoach scores are here.

Started by Big Lance, March 21, 2011, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Does anyone know exactly how SC scoring works? I know the basics. Can someone fill me in on the more complicated parts of it?

ossie85

Fixed amount of points for certain things (effective kicks, contested marks, etc) but these fluctuate depending on how important they are (i.e. a goal to win the match on the siren is worth far more than a goal when your team is winning by 100 points.

The total amount of points scored (adding all 44 players) is forced to equal 3300 (average of 75 per player). Meaning a 4 goal performance in a low scoring game is worth more than a 4 goal game in a high scoring game.

No one knows the exact formula. Important parts of the games are worth more. Junktime is worth very little

hawk_88

Although the exact formula isn't known, there is a weighting placed on every stat based on how close the game is. Then at the end they standardise the scores to total 3300.

Just as a side not it might not be exactly 3300. Once the scores are standardised to 3300 - players actual scores will not be whole numbers, i.e. they will have decimal points. These are rounded so the total might be upto 15 or so higher or lower than 3300.

hawk_88

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on March 21, 2011, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on March 21, 2011, 01:48:39 PM

In fairness, its much easier to count DT stats than SC stats :)

But yes, no doubt they could have had them released mere hours after a match. Not really sure why they're not though.
Exactly!
its a mystery, you would think they would know by now the revenue they can accumlate with updating things more often thus people would look at their teams more often.

Hence the announcement of live scores for this year?  :P

eagles929406

im not getting too excited yet, it says live stats, not actual SC scores, it only states champ data to "track every player’s SuperCoach form during the match."    Would be great if they did but with close games and adjusted scores to take into account a running SC score would be simply improbable IMO

hawk_88

It is a hell of a lot better than nothing though.

S_Coach99

CFC 1979

Some changes to SC scoring this year;

Champion Data's Glenn Luff said this year there would be minor alterations to the formula used to reflect the change in game style.

Turnovers are no longer marked as hard because the forward press forces more of them.

Similarly, free kicks against have gone from minus six points to minus four because Champion Data has found they are not as critical to team performance.

"Rankings points take into account quantity, but more importantly quality," Luff said.

"It is all about how you win the ball, and the points are weighted on where they are won. It also takes into account the state of the game. So points scores are boosted late in the game if the score is close.