Injury Lists

Carlton
Matthew Kreuzer (knee) â€" 2-3 weeks
Luke Mitchell (shoulder) â€" 1 weeks
Satanta O'hAlpin- TBA

Richmond
Mitch Farmer (ankle) â€" TBA

The match

With rumors circulating around both camps that 2 stars are both under injury clouds in, Brett Deledio(Richmond) and Marc Murphy(Carlton), then this match could go in favour of Carlton even further, as the loss of Deledio would effect Richmond more then the loss of Murphy effecting Carlton, due to Carlton's very powerful midfield. With the Tigers preseason form being poor, to be kind to them, then Carlton are massive favourites also taking into account that they nearly beat Geelong in the final week. Although Richmond were without Deledio for most of the preseason, if he is under an injury cloud then this should be a massive blow out in favour of Carlton. My Prediction is Carlton by 43 points.

Predicted 22's

Carlton

B-    J.Russell  J.Laidler  N.Duigan
HB-  C.Yarran  P.Bower  H.Scotland

C-    K.Simpson  B.Gibbs  M.Murphy

HF-   E.Betts   L.Henderson  A.Carrazzo
F-    A.Walker  J.Waite   J.Gartlett

R-   R.Warnock  C.Judd   B.McLean

INTER- A.Joseph  D.Armfield  M.Robinson
Sub- R.Houlihan

Richmond

B-     A.Rance  W.Thursfield  D.Astbury
HB-    B.Deledio  C.Newman  D.Connors

C-     B.Houli   N.Foley   M.Morton

HF-    S.Grigg  J.Riewoldt  S.Tuck
F-      T.Taylor  T.Vickery  B.Miller

R-      A.Graham  T.Cotchin  D.Martin

INTER- K.Moore  D.Jackson  R.Conca

Sub- S.Edwards

Key Players

Carlton

Chris Judd- Last years brownlow meadlist will have his say in this game, we all know he has the ability to turn a game on its head in one quarter.

Jarrad Waite- If they are going to kick goals hes going to have to play a part in them along with Henderson, he is the key target.

Chris Yarran- His run off half back in the nab cup/challenge has set up most of their play, Carlton have to continue to put the ball in his hands if they are going to be great on the rebounds/turnovers from their back half.

Jeff Gartlett- He has the X factor needed to inspire Carlton he did it against Geelong before they fell agonyly short. His defensive pressure in the forward 50 is dominant.

Richmond

Jack Riewoldt- The Coleman medalist from last season is back after an injury interupted preseason. If Richmond are to have any chance its going to be on the back the this guy kicking 5+ at the least.

Brett Deledio- His run around all parts of the ground will be crucial to their chances and also Jumpin' Jacks chances of kicking a bag.

Daniel Jackson- How he performs on Judd (which i think will be his match up) will be crucial, if he lowers Judd's influence in all 4 quarters then they are in with a big chance.

Predicted Key match ups

Judd  V  Jackson
Grigg  V Yarran
Carrazo V Deledio
Murphy V Connors

Note although i dont have most of these in my predicted 22's i predict these will be the match ups that these players will have for most of the game.

Predicted SC top scorers

Gibbs
Waite
Tuck
Newman

Predicted Low Scorers (Minus Subs)

Betts
Miller
Jackson

Maca24

great write up MTTY as always. Didmt know dlids was under an injury cloud.
Might start the season slowly...

MTTY

Not quite sure on Dlids issue but i have just being hearing about some sort of injury

charliesheen

thnx for the preview, i think i am going to miss the game on telly have something on that night.

think bets might do alright though, where else goals going to come from!

MTTY

Quote from: charliesheen on March 20, 2011, 08:57:02 PM
thnx for the preview, i think i am going to miss the game on telly have something on that night.

think bets might do alright though, where else goals going to come from!
Betts has been pretty poor in the preseason bar against GWS

It has usually been Gartlett, Kerr, Walker and Waite

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the game starts at 7.10 p.m. (not 7.40 p.m.)

MTTY

Quote from: 4820 on March 20, 2011, 09:17:40 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the game starts at 7.10 p.m. (not 7.40 p.m.)
It was changed for some reason

Usman

Jackson will not be one richmonds lowest scorers he will get 20+ possesions on Judd, extremely underated. Astbury will be CHB not newman is tuck playing forward this year? Tuck shouldnt play forrward will be mid or back i would imagine unless you know something i dont? what swrong with murphy? sure he just wasnt rested?

meow meow

Thornton will play.
Hampson will play.

Foley wont play.
Batchelor will play.

Pretty sure J. Garlett will be the top scorer in this one. If not Martin.
Why is Eddie rated so lowly?

MTTY

Quote from: Usman on March 21, 2011, 01:04:40 PM
Jackson will not be one richmonds lowest scorers he will get 20+ possesions on Judd, extremely underated. Astbury will be CHB not newman is tuck playing forward this year? Tuck shouldnt play forrward will be mid or back i would imagine unless you know something i dont? what swrong with murphy? sure he just wasnt rested?
I have Tuck Starting there as thats where he started/was named mostly last year if i am correct, Word on Murphy is he was limping around in a brace probably just a niggle though.

MTTY

Quote from: meow meow on March 21, 2011, 01:45:10 PM
Thornton will play.
Hampson will play.

Foley wont play.
Batchelor will play.

Just my opinions there are a few guys who could get in that i didnt include

meow meow

Quote from: MTTY on March 21, 2011, 06:40:59 PM
Thornton will play.
Hampson will play.

Foley wont play.
Batchelor will play.

I have no idea why i said Foley won't play. But the rest were correct. Including the call on Garlett haha.

If you're doing a Dogs vs Bombers one, then include both Wallis and Libba on the bench. Wallis will be the sub. I could give you the whole dogs team if you want?

Fletch74

Quote from: meow meow on March 24, 2011, 12:40:39 AM
Quote from: MTTY on March 21, 2011, 06:40:59 PM
Thornton will play.
Hampson will play.

Foley wont play.
Batchelor will play.

Could you give me the lineup for the premiership team this year? Is your name John Titor??

Stop being a smart arse person cat!!

I have no idea why i said Foley won't play. But the rest were correct. Including the call on Garlett haha.

If you're doing a Dogs vs Bombers one, then include both Wallis and Libba on the bench. Wallis will be the sub. I could give you the whole dogs team if you want?

Barlow 21

Gonna be a great game.
My Tip: Carlton by 30 points.