Gut-feel player predictions

Started by vc_bombers, March 19, 2011, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Ange

Quote from: meow meow on March 21, 2011, 12:32:47 AM
He played 70% game time 2 weeks ago. He will be able to play a full game a month later.

but meow why would u put ur super star out on the ground for 100 percent game time against gold coast!!!! he will score 100 easy and he will get 100 by only playing 3 quarters why risk JUDD their only player that makes or breakes their team

meow meow

He'll score 200 even when he's not trying. Weller is the only one who can tag, and Judd will destroy a 1st year player if they try that. But they wont, he will go head to head with Gazza and be allowed to do his own thing.

Big Ange

yer i understand that but y play judd 100 percent of the game when the blues will win 50 plus points thats what im saying. i know if judd plays 100 percent game time that he will score heavy but he is unlikly to play 100 percent game time. look at who the blues have the week after the pies the carlton coach would want judd to play 100 percent for that game

djhar9

I have a feeling that if I pick Joel Corey it will fail miserably but if I don't he'll avg 110 again and I'd have wasted 80k upgrading him to Bartel

cortez

I have a gut feeling that every player that i pick will gun it, every player that i bring in will gun it and i will win this bloody thing. Thats the plan anyway lol

stewfoss

Carlton v Gold Coast will not be Judd's biggest game at all
He will kill he first half, but will then be rested once Carlton are comfortable ahead, to ensure he is 100% fresh for the next round. That would be the most intelligent approach by Carlton.

Quote from: djhar9 on March 21, 2011, 02:55:17 PM
I have a feeling that if I pick Joel Corey it will fail miserably but if I don't he'll avg 110 again and I'd have wasted 80k upgrading him to Bartel
Im tipping at 100+ again this year. last year was his first season below 98, and with ablett gone, joel.s and jimmy handling any tags, he'll lift.

Your team can have many Scoregams if it has Cox inside it

tferrier18

Quote from: stewfoss on March 21, 2011, 05:36:42 PM
He will kill he first half, but will then be rested once Carlton are comfortable ahead, to ensure he is 100% fresh for the next round. That would be the most intelligent approach by Carlton.

There's no guarantee they'll have the luxury of being able to choose who they want to sub off. They might have an injured player who is unable to take the field therefore forcing carlton to sub them.

It's going to be interesting to see how the sub rule is used. I hope it isn't used in the way you just mentioned though.

Boomz

Quote from: tferrier18 on March 21, 2011, 05:43:01 PM
Quote from: stewfoss on March 21, 2011, 05:36:42 PM

There's no guarantee they'll have the luxury of being able to choose who they want to sub off. They might have an injured player who is unable to take the field therefore forcing carlton to sub them.

It's going to be interesting to see how the sub rule is used. I hope it isn't used in the way you just mentioned though.

It will happen though... a lot. Especially late in the season when they don't want to rest them completely.

tferrier18

It's going to wreak havoc with teams...you'd be so nervous in the final weeks if you were in the top 10. If one of your premiums got subbed it could very easily cost you the 50k!

nathan11

i have a gut feeling that rich will have a great year, especially as i keep taking him out of my team ;D

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on March 19, 2011, 11:18:52 PM
I predict that most people will be taking the wrong injury prone Dog this year. Higgins Higgins Higgins.

Harbrow gone, Hargrave injured, Gilbee maybe on the decline. All signs point to Bob Murphy being the number 1 rebounding defender at the Dogs. He'll have a bigger input into matches this year, and with his ball use and ability to find space he is a bargain at his current price.

History is almost repeating itself.
2006- ravaged by injury.
2007 - 17 games @ 71.
2008 - 21 games @ 93

2009 - ravaged by injury
2010 - 18 games @ 71
2011 - 22 games @ 95

I KNEW IT. And took Higgins anyway. I suck at this.

roo boys!

Quote from: meow meow on March 27, 2011, 05:11:28 PM
Quote from: meow meow on March 19, 2011, 11:18:52 PM
I predict that most people will be taking the wrong injury prone Dog this year. Higgins Higgins Higgins.

Harbrow gone, Hargrave injured, Gilbee maybe on the decline. All signs point to Bob Murphy being the number 1 rebounding defender at the Dogs. He'll have a bigger input into matches this year, and with his ball use and ability to find space he is a bargain at his current price.

History is almost repeating itself.
2006- ravaged by injury.
2007 - 17 games @ 71.
2008 - 21 games @ 93

2009 - ravaged by injury
2010 - 18 games @ 71
2011 - 22 games @ 95

I KNEW IT. And took Higgins anyway. I suck at this.
Jump on Bob you reckon?

reesbr

Dunham29

I do not like Jackson Trengrove just sayin

vc_bombers

Quote from: Dunham29 on March 27, 2011, 07:54:16 PM
I do not like Jackson Trengrove just sayin

Have to agree after that performance, but then again it was against the premiers