Gut-feel player predictions

Started by vc_bombers, March 19, 2011, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vc_bombers

What are everyone's gut-feelings on player performance? I'll start with 2 pretty random ones
1. Jordan Russell will average between 95 and 100
2. Jackson Trengove will be a top 10 average ruck

steven_ora

meow meow

I predict that most people will be taking the wrong injury prone Dog this year. Higgins Higgins Higgins.

Harbrow gone, Hargrave injured, Gilbee maybe on the decline. All signs point to Bob Murphy being the number 1 rebounding defender at the Dogs. He'll have a bigger input into matches this year, and with his ball use and ability to find space he is a bargain at his current price.

History is almost repeating itself.
2006- ravaged by injury.
2007 - 17 games @ 71.
2008 - 21 games @ 93

2009 - ravaged by injury
2010 - 18 games @ 71
2011 - 22 games @ 95

Nuffman

Interesting Meowmix.

History does tend to repeat itself often.

meow meow

I also feel that Judd will score over 200 in round 2.

Usman

yorgis

200??  and beck will have triplets!!

meow meow

Let's hope he scores about 30 then. I wouldn't want a future Carlton or WC midfield of Judd, Judd and Judd.

vc_bombers

If Bob Murphy starts killing it, wouldn't teams give him a forward tag? Gilbee got destroyed by it last year.

meow meow

Can't tag them both. Teams wouldn't even think about letting Gilbee loose. The only way you can beat zones and all that is with long accurate kicking. Gilbee is second only to Goddard at this, so only the dumbest coaches in the world would let do his thing unopposed. Plus if Bob is getting destroyed, he can go forward. He played forward in round 1 last year, against the Pies, and scored 130. Bob can do it all.

tferrier18

I don't think russell will score that well... I was all over him this preseason but it looks like he's taken Gibbs' role playing really deep in defence and since he isn't as good as Gibbs I don't think he'll do as well in this position. He'll be playing very defensively.

ando_10

russel will do well this year i had him last year was frustratiing at times but will improve

and no for trengove.

benjy251090

My gut-feel is Cloke, if he improves his kicking will be top 5 forwards but don't have the balls to pick him. 90 average when he can't kick is not bad

Big Ange

Quote from: meow meow on March 19, 2011, 11:26:47 PM
I also feel that Judd will score over 200 in round 2.

what is the odds on that yeah 100 he will get 200 ur dreaming he will be lucky to play 70 percent of the game

meow meow

He played 70% game time 2 weeks ago. He will be able to play a full game a month later.