Malceski is goneski

Started by millsy123, May 14, 2009, 05:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsy123

thoughts on malceski to grimes?
malceski has had 7 chances to perform and yet to do so, he has a breakeven of 61 and an average oof a dismal 63. so his price doesnt look like ever rising!
on the otherhand, grimes had an excellent nab cup, scored 92 on w/e and the demons love him. i am almost sold on making this trade next week!

but curious to see what others think?

clackerz

Yup - been thinking of giving him the bullet myself.
I would've traded him out earlier if I weren't pluggin injury woes, and hoping that he would rise in the meantime.

I've only got 13 trades left and I'll see what comes of this weeks teams.

If I don't have any injuries he'll possibly stay another week - otherwise I'll use him as trade bait to get an injury out.

Don Gibson

depends how much you value trades i suppose?

trading out players when most people copping mulitple zeros is a luxury. I dont want him to stay in mine either but 60 points a week is better than 90pts and some other spud giving you a 0.

millsy123

valid.

but i just dont want to miss the boat again, missing out on a rapid price rise because i was to stubborn to trade malceski!
if grimes scores another 90 i will nab him up. i only have petrenko resting on bench who is at risk of being dropped, which is a worry. hopefullly he will stay in the side until rance is back.

Biggie

Same thoughts but looking to upgrade him to Newman/Drummond

Will leave Geary & Hurn as the "weaker" players.

Toying with leaving Hurn as 7th defender tbh.

Wish I grabbed Gilbert instead of Malceski. :(

millsy123

im spewing i missed gilbert!

i want to downgrade malceski. i have a golden plan for my team lol. and i neeed the cash. looking to upgrade dawson and hill and leave grimes as my 7th defender for rest of the year.

malceski was easily my worst buy of the year!

ronl

I got rid of Malceski after round 3, surprised you stuck with him so long, he'll never be the player he was before the knee

rowshow

Quote from: ronl on May 14, 2009, 08:32:43 AM
I got rid of Malceski after round 3, surprised you stuck with him so long, he'll never be the player he was before the knee

The only reason his numbers are down is because he is playing a more advanced role, with shaw and mattner rebounding from 50 roos is trying to utilize malceski's skills up on the wing/hff to hit up leading forwards. I jumped off him after round 2 once i was aware of his new role.