Previous topic - Next topic

Hill or Grimes

Hill
4 (22.2%)
Grimes
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 3

kelso129

I traded out hill about 3 weeks go and am shattered by his recent scores. I am going to trade out petrenko (who is a starter) and bring in either hill or grimes is grimes worth getting for the cash or can hill produce bigger scores?

Don Gibson

grimes' injury past worries me. a lot of people will be jumping on, but like cogs, i will steer clear. already carrying injury-prone haselby so can't have too many.

Hondo71

Why bother sideways trading on $200Kish defenders? 

Downgrade Petrenko to Broughton when he plays again and use the cash somewhere else.  Or cash out somewhere else and upgrade Petrenko.

evawes1

I worry about Petrenkos space - not even more with his low scoring game this week. You need to be wary of Grimes because of his injuries. Definitely a player to have though.

You might be late on Hill - in terms of price - but he's a keeper. Finally found his nerve on the field.

Hill is my choice. But Grimes in cheaper,

Clint-84

why trade a player out and them trade him back in when he's 100k more expensive?

what a waste of a trade

thatguy

what is everyone's concern with grimes and injuries?  ??? he had a back problem on the eve of round one, not soft tissue and he hasnt come off a knee reco or anything!

until he was injured he was my 7th backman, just a shame he has been out for the first 6 weeks.

everyone is always concerned about ``injury prone players'' but i dont think 1 injury is cause for concern. guys like coughlan yes, but not grimes. if you saw brent moloney's article on monday u will see they love the ball in grimes' hands  at demon land. if your going to get on him, do it as he could surprise as a potential cheap keeper avg 80+ points.

clackerz

I'd be concerned with trading a cash cow out early - only to bring him back in when he's risen in price.....esp after they've risen around the $100K mark.

Sometimes you have to stick with a decision and look elsewhere....

verda32

if you ask me i would get Hill because you have got rid of him. lol

tony73

mmm I traded out LAnthony knowing full well I would have to trade him back in. I spose the diference is he has not gone up $100k+

It was Otten that came in and proably Otten that will go out for Anthony to come back and am not complaining

kelso129

yeh i no i made a mistake but i want to trade petrenko anyway so getting hill in doesnt seem like a waste of a trade to me, just an error.

Alex7089

Grimes has posted scores of 91 & 109 if he plays decently next week he will rise in price like you wouldn't believe. I have full confidence in  his ability to become a keeper.
I reckon you've missed the boat on hill.
Grimes would be my choice.

bjrouse

Petrenko will make way this week for Grimes

lovepelican

IMO it depends how many trades you have. If you have been burning trades, I would bring in Grimes and hope he is a keeper, so you don't need to trade him out for cash. If you have been more frugal with the trades, Broughton may be a better option, as he'll give you a bit of cash now and will make you a bit in the future.

kelso129

I brought in grimes for petrenko b4 the weekend very happy. I aleady have broughton he makes a good 8th man emergancy.

Al

Why would get Hill back? Are you slow? He has 2 good games and you want him back?

I also heard he might be rested this week. Keep an ear out for that.

Grimes is definitely a pick up for all with a lot of trades left. It's just a question of who to get rid of him for.

Broughton is another decent option. Not many rookies backs look like popping up so jumping on him could be worthwhile.