NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Greg Monroe 20yo budding double double machine high %s deft passing great 3rd string C with an eye to the future...

Maca24

Ill take Rodney Stuckey.
His young and gets good numbers. Ceebs finding a pic lol.

Maca24

My Current team:
C: Nene
PF: Al Horford
SF: Lebron James
SG. Monta Ellis
PG. Russell Westbrook
6th. Zach Randolph (PF)
7th. Danny Granger (SF)
8th. JR Smith(SG)
9th. Kendrick Perkins (C)
10th. Devin Harris (PG)
11th. Elton Brand (PF) 
12th. Rodney Stuckey (SG/PG)

Team Lebron.
We've bulit this franchise around one of the best players of all time. Lebron can single handedly take a team to the playoffs, but with players like Westbrook, Granger, Ellis and Horford there also then this team is a powerhouse.
Horford and Nene are good in the post and play their roles well. Big Z off the bench is a great scoring option if others are struggling. Some may think this team lacks defense, but I disagree.
Lebron is a great defender which gets a bit unnoticed, Horford is well known for his defence.
Nene is a great post player and Westbrook can hold his own.
Im happy with my franchise and I think its just reached its prime and will hang around for another 5 years.
Lebron, Ellis, Westbrook and Granger arent retiring any time soon.

RiOtChEsS

so thats it? 12? spose we need Shags etc to fill in their teams still anyway...

RiOtChEsS

Triangle Offense...

Starting 5
C Dwight Howard
PF Kevin Love
SF Rudy Gay
SG Eric Gordon
PG Stephen Curry

Second 5
C Marc Gasol
PF Andrea Bargnani
SF Jeff Green
SG Ty Lawson
PG Mike Conley

SG/SF Wilson Chandler
PF/C Greg Monroe

teams average age 23...
This team wont jump out at u with a whole bunch of big names, its designed to be a team and all roles were created before names were selected so regardless of injury this team will play the same brand of basketball from 1-12... while it wont win too many votes im extremely happy with what ive created as it represents what i believe is most successful and beautiful about basketball, this has been a good experience so thanks to all that have participated ;)

Justin Bieber

First V:
PG - Tony Parker
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Al Jefferson

Second V:
PG - Tyreke Evans
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Michael Beasley
PF - Serge Ibaka
C - Greg Oden

Utility - Boris Diaw
Utility - Shane Battier

My team is a rather fast paced team with Parker, Wade and Griffin. I've gone Parker ahead of Evans for the fact he has more experience and is more ready to lead a team. Guards are lacking but Battier (and even Diaw on occasions) can easily fill in for SG (and could even move Wade to PG to control the ball). But the quality at Guards is there 8).

RiOtChEsS

Battier is an allstar stopper and Diaw is great at playing whatever role the team most requires...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on April 25, 2011, 03:00:55 PM
Battier is an allstar stopper and Diaw is great at playing whatever role the team most requires...
That's why I went Battier ;D. My defence is a little :-\ so he got the edge with my last pick because of his 8). Diaw got drafted because of his versatility and being one of my Favs :P.

Your forwards are quite stacked Marcz ;). I'd love to see how Love and Howard go with Boards! :o.

RiOtChEsS

haha Love will steal boards off Howard according to the other fellas :P

was fairly important for the structure of my team to have a PF that had 3point range, when those 2 r in a 3man game it creates a nightmare for the defense by drawing out one of their talls to the perimeter and opens up the lane for cutters, also if the PF switches to the weak side forward he can drain the open shot ;)

Maca24

Just did a write up since you guys both did :)

Andrew3737

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Andre Igudola
SF - Gerald Wallace
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Pau Gasol

6 - Kevin Garnett
7 - Steve Nash
8 - DeMarcus Cousins
9 - Kevin Martin
10 - Hedo Turkuglu
11 - Darko Millicic
12 - George Hill

Alrighty. With the best Point Guard in the league leading this team to glory, and with Gasol/Nowitzki at the high and low posts, it's going to be pretty hard to stop this team from winning a ring in the first year. Iggy can get to the basket @ will and is easily one of the best defending shooting guards in the league. G-Force also one of the best wing defenders in the league, can smash the boards and shut down almost any player. Honestly don't see how any team can match up on Gasol/Dirk combo. Gasol is borderline great defender and a elite offensive bigman, while Dirk is the best high post player, maybe ever. I know for sure he is the best shooting big man of all time. You can't stop Dirk's shot.

Garnett and Nash, two hall of famers off the bench solidifies my position as the best team in year 1. Garnett with the GOAT defence and Nash with the GOAT offense. Kevin Martin this season has been outstanding in a bubble team. Being a franchise player for a team that is rebuilding is always going to be tough, but he still shoots well and was in the top 10 for ppg and o/ws.

That's about it.

Maca24

Kevin Martin was a a bit of a steal that late andrew!

pothead

well then

PG: John Wall
SG:Brandon Roy
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Brook Lopez

6th: Ron Artest
7th: Yao Ming
8th: Jason Richardson
9th: Nicholas Batum
10th: Jamal Crawford
11th:Darren Collison
12th: Brandon Bass

I am not good at write ups so don't expect anything special  :P haha

my team starts with Durant he has lead the ppg for the last two years
he averages just over 5 rebounds and a couple of assists and a block a game then you have Brook Lopez and Chris Bosh at Centre and Power Forward they are both absolute beasts in the paint and are both very hard to stop and they both arnt bad defensively either they both avewrage around 20 points a game and then you have yao Ming rotating off the bench with them and he is just a freak, how are you meant to stop someone that is 7"6 when he isnt injured he is an unstoppable force. then at point guard who was the #1 draft pick last year in his first year he averaged 16 points, 6.5 assits, 4.3 rebounds and 0.5 blocks a game and he is only going to improve. At shooting guard is brandon roy has had an injury trouble year this year but when is not injured he scores at least 20 ppg and around 4-5 r3ebounds and assists a game and then i have jason richardson and jamal crawford these guys are both capable of getting some nice scores aswell also on the bench is Nicholas Batum who is young and is a great player for the trail blazers who has really stood up this year while roy has been injured and there is darren collison a young point guard for the Pacers who is quite good he scores alright and dishes out a nice number of assists and there is brandon bass who has been having and alright year with the magic this year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on April 25, 2011, 03:15:10 PM
haha Love will steal boards off Howard according to the other fellas :P
Haha, my point exactly! ;D.

Quote from: Maca24 on April 25, 2011, 09:13:46 PM
Kevin Martin was a a bit of a steal that late andrew!
I really wanted him but couldn't leave out Johnson.

Nice write up guys 8). Andrew probably does have the best all round 5 :-\. Going to post this on your NBA forum Andrew and see how the hardcore (maybe) fans view the teams?

Andrew3737