NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

i agree with andrew here. hulmie, stop saying dominant cas your not making sense.
dirk is an absolute jet and he has been pretty good in playoffs considering mavs turn to piss.
andrew knows his stuff, so if you want to take him on go for it lol.

Andrew3737

You are sorting by winshares in that. When I said Mavs turn to shower, it means they get kicked out of the playoffs early, which means less games. Less games means less win shares. Sort by his individual performances. Look @ his PER, TS, eFG%, ORtg and WS/48 and you will see how much of a beast he has been in the playoffs.

Hulmie

You just seem to change your mind on what's more important. Sometimes it's WS sometimes it's PER.

Andrew3737

You went with Win shares, so I showed you winshares/48, which is what you are ment to go for when one has played 6 games and the other has played 20.

Hulmie

Yep ok. Still though to judge a player by the 1 site it doesnt give you everything and the site doesn't take into account everything.

Andrew3737

I do watch as well you know.

But again, Basketball is a stat game. You DO learn 99% of things from these figures.

Maca24

so J's 24 hours is up again. next pick?

Hulmie

How about the things in basketball that there isn't stats on.

Such as Off Ball Defence, Help Defence, Pick and roll Defence, Tipped passes . Mid range jumpshots, On ball screens, Off Ball screens, Pass to assist.

Also for me it's not a completely fair Judgement on players such as Bruce Bowen who was one of the best Defenders in the league but his numbers don't show this.
Partly because he had to always defend against the best Offensive player so his job is always going to be harder on defence.

(I know your going to say something about the Mid Rnge jumpshot has a stat, but just personally i think Mid Range jumper should have it's own category because it's a completely different skill, it just shouldn't be bundled together with layups and dunks IMO)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on March 19, 2011, 03:27:02 PM
so J's 24 hours is up again. next pick?
If you want to keep the draft rolling.....

Andrew3737

DRrg and DWS is ALL of defence.

Screens etc is all part of offense.

Also for your Bruce Bowen thing, wing defenders aren't as important as big man defenders. Which is why they get a lower rating.

Maca24

sigh. we should really just get this moving.
J did say that he doesnt come on during weekends.

j959

Quote from: Maca24 on March 19, 2011, 10:31:58 PM
sigh. we should really just get this moving.
J did say that he doesnt come on during weekends.
yeah, sorry - i try not to come on during w/ends in the pre-season - at least I got to watch UFC this time (missed the last two live cards).

Ok, with my two picks 26 & 27, i'll take ...

Carmelo Anthony
and Joakim Noah .

One offensive and one defensive ...

Sorry bout the delay ...

RiOtChEsS

no worries mate decent picks too :D

Shaggy ur up...

Justin Bieber

They were the same 2 guys I was tossing up with my picks (although Anthony was closer to being picked). Nice picks 8).

Maca24