NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

Yup, I mean, you have 1st round talent avaliable for his double pick. No brainer who wins.

RiOtChEsS

i may not win but im certainly interested in trying to build ultimately 'my team' and putting forth a description at the end of how/why i think it works...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 15, 2011, 04:25:23 PM
Yup, I mean, you have 1st round talent avaliable for his double pick. No brainer who wins.
If he gets who I think he'll get, would make for a killer offence.

I'll probably do the same Marcz. May not win but may as well give it a crack with who I can draft!

Maca24

My next pick was Kevin Love :(
Ah well. My picks are Russell Westbrook and Al Horford.
westbrook will work well with lebron and be a great combo.
Horford fits into any team and is a great defender. both are young and should earn me rings.

My team.
C - Al Horford
PF -
SF - Lebron James
SG -
PG - Russell Westbrook

Justin Bieber

Westbrook was top of my Points for the dynasty :(. Horford not so much for me as others are ahead of him :P.

There are probably 3 players who should have gone by now! I hope I can nab 1 of them but 2 of them are in a spot I have already chosen! Should I go for depth as they are quality players....... Could probably get away with one in another position......

Maca24

Horford is perfect for a dynasty. is a real team worker.. was thinking of picking Bogut but chose Al instead.
I know one youngster that should have been picked! i passed on him though as i dont believe he fits in well with lebron.

Justin Bieber

Don't say my next pick :-X!!!!

Al is a good team player. Will let Lebron shine but still do his job on both ends when needed, so a nice complementary player.

Hulmie

Maca 1 thing i would say to you is don't just lock Horford in as ure C, His natural position is PF so just consider that when you pick next.

Andrew3737

Let's call it a draft rofl.

Russell is like the 3rd best pg in this. Horford 3rd best C. Ridiculous team that is going to win rings for atleast aother 5 years.

RiOtChEsS

in his rookie year he averaged 17.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 1.90 steals in 36.2 minutes … Finished the season ranked 3rd in the NBA in steals, 8th in 3-point field goal percentage (.437), 9th in free throw percentage (.885), 13th in assists and 34th in scoring…
Had five 30-point/10-assist games, which tied Michael Jordan for the second-most 30-point/10-assist games by a rookie (Oscar Robertson is first with 25) ... No other rookie posted one 30/10 game in 2009-10 … Became just the sixth rookie in NBA history to post a 35-point, 10-assist, 10-rebound game when he registered 36 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds in his first career triple-double vs. L.A. Clippers (2/10) ... Only other rookies to accomplish this are Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Jason Kidd … In season finale at Portland (4/14), had career-high 42 points, nine rebounds and eight assists, becoming the first rookie since Oscar Robertson in February 1961 to register at least those numbers in each category in the same game all this on a sub par team i expect his production to become more efficient with these pieces surrounding him…

Stephen Curry

Andrew3737

Quote from: Hulmie on March 15, 2011, 09:07:49 PM
Maca 1 thing i would say to you is don't just lock Horford in as ure C, His natural position is PF so just consider that when you pick next.

C though.

pothead

My next pick is going to be john Wall he was first pick in last years draft and is showing alot of signs of talent should be good going along side durant i think

so my team now is

C: Brook Lopez
PF:
SF: Kevin Durant
SG:
PG: John Wall

RiOtChEsS

Wall is going to be a beast... his shooting %s arent flash yet but he is lightning quick, a thief and a butler ;)

Andrew3737

Walls been pretty bad this season. He was touted as the biggest pg talent to come out of a draft ever. Let's see how he goes.

RiOtChEsS

that team is horrendous tho decimated by trades  to make cap room...
massive potential and surrounded by Lopez and Durant he is instantly better