NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 14, 2011, 12:31:07 PM
I was going to go Griffin with one of my picks. but it doesn't really matter.
Figured it was either Griffin or Gasol with my pick as you would jump on the other. Went Griffin as this also accounts for some time.

Quote from: j959 on March 14, 2011, 12:36:24 PM
Quote from: Marcz on March 14, 2011, 11:49:35 AM
nice pick HP once this bloke gets a few more seasons under his belt who knows how good he will be,
at the moment he can dominate on talent alone
\
yep, it's scary how much i seem to think like HP ... i almost went for Griffin to build the dynasty ...   ;)
No Nash this early this time! ;D.

I was hoping Paul would slip down to me but doubted it. I rate him over D-Will as he's an awesome playmaker and can also play defence.

Pick will be up shortly.

Andrew3737

My opinion is shared by facts.

It's like saying Durant>LBJ because it's your opinion, when its just plain wrong.

CP3 is the 3rd best player, not the 3rd best PG.

----------------
Yeah, I was going CP3 and Griffin/Gasol/Undrafted.

Justin Bieber

This time it was between 2 players, a PG and a SG. Seeing as I have quite a few PG's in mind, might as well go for this guy who I think is a better player. He's 29 but when you play like Dwyane Wade, who cares ;D. He is an all round SG who is an offensive beast while still getting back on defense (averages 1.8 steals and 1 block over his career which is pretty good for a SG). He can also pass which could make up if my Point lacks a bit (which if I can nab somebody who slips, no need). Nobody can doubt his impact on a game so I think he can help short-term for my franchise as well.

Hulmie

Well here's a fact D-Will has led his team to the playoffs every year he's been in the league.
CP3 has done it twice.

Also CP3's stat line has started to decrease since 08/09.

So once again it comes down to personal opinion.

Andrew3737

Bang bang.

Was set on taking Wade, but Wade/CP3 just woudln't work as good as CP3/Gasol. Wade is top5 ish in this too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

lol wut.

Dude, I'll explain it when I come back from work.

j959

ok, with pick 11 i'll take ...

Rajon Rondo - sorry i'm at work, don't have time to find a pic or make a case for him at the moment (maybe get to fix later - main thing is to keep the draft moving ...).

Addendum:

- case is as others have written and just an all-round competitor - plays D, controls the tempo, scores if necessary to open up the floor for the C's ...

cheers,
j

Hulmie

Quote from: j959 on March 14, 2011, 02:18:55 PM
ok, with pick 11 i'll take ...

Rajon Rondo - sorry i'm at work, don't have time to find a pic or make a case for him at the moment (maybe get to fix later - main thing is to keep the draft moving ...).

cheers,
j

That's a good pick perfect PG to play with Kobe.

Ps. Who works on Mondays  :P

Maca24

Who works on labour day! :P
yea Rondo and Bryant a good combo.
Save some Point Guards for me fellas!!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 14, 2011, 01:59:24 PM
Bang bang.

Was set on taking Wade, but Wade/CP3 just woudln't work as good as CP3/Gasol. Wade is top5 ish in this too.
Great minds think alike! Same 4 I was tossing up for all my picks ;D.

I've got a few point guards who could slip due to age but will combat that with a younger player with the other pick :P.

Andrew3737

As much as I hate kobe, rondo with kobe is tthe best way you coudlve gone with that pick. Rondo won take away any of his positives. Kobe wouldn't work with rose or dwill because they all love to dopminate the ball. Kobe won't take that away.

I mean, lebrons team would have to draft really poor not to "win"

Hulmie

I think you have to be very selective when selecting a team around LeBron.

I feel there is one star player who goes perfect with LeBron and i'm pretty sure he will still be available when mack24 get's to pick.

8-6 Suited

Going to continue with a young side...

LaMarcus Aldridge

This year he is averaging 21.6 points and 9.1 rebounds per game. In fact, Aldridge has scored double digits in every game this season with the exception of three games. As one of the young Power Forwards you will find, he has good size, but also has a solid jump shot. Thus making him an invaluable inside presence, can't be compared to Kevin Garnett but Garnett-esque abilities.

Andrew3737

Lol what. Come on now. Lebron took cleveland to freaking 60+ wins just last season. You can surround lbj with whoever and still nake the playoffs. Surround him with stars like this draft is, and its almost pure ringz.

Hulmie

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 14, 2011, 05:46:12 PM
Lol what. Come on now. Lebron took cleveland to freaking 60+ wins just last season. You can surround lbj with whoever and still nake the playoffs. Surround him with stars like this draft is, and its almost pure ringz.

Yes but the thing you also have to look at is he is with the Heat now and he has D-Wade and C.Bosh as his supporting cast, and whichever way you look at it the way the Heat play they are not going to win a championship.

LeBron on the Cavs last year played better than what the Heat are this year.

I'm just saying there are certain players that would gel with James and certain players who wont

Where as if you have Dwight as your first pick you can basically put any other star with him and your set.

Hulmie

Well im going to pick Amare Stoudemire he is the Best offensive big man in the league. Amare playing with D-Will will create an almost unstopable pick and role situation.