NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 15, 2011, 09:46:59 PM
Let's call it a draft rofl.

Russell is like the 3rd best pg in this. Horford 3rd best C. Ridiculous team that is going to win rings for atleast aother 5 years.

Hulmie

J has been oficially skipped. If he does do his next pick he get's 2.

RiOtChEsS

Justin Bieber

This guy is a more natural Shooting Guard but isn't half bad at the Point either ;). The reigning Rookie Of The Year, Tyreke Evans. At the age of 21, ages a little more franchise to my team and will rule with Blake and D-Wade for seasons to come. He's an all round player who can score, rebound, assist and steal. If I can quote this from Wikipedia (quick reference): "He also became the fourth NBA player in history to ever average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in his rookie year, joining Oscar Robertson (1960), Michael Jordan (1984) and LeBron James (2003)". He's got a bright future so is a good pick to join this up and coming squad.

RiOtChEsS

nice pick mate he has mega potential...

Justin Bieber

Thanks Marcz. Considering Westbrook and Bogut were both chosen went for Tyreke 8). Now have to find my Centre......

RiOtChEsS

Andrews on so he will probably get his up soon... ya got a couple in mind?

Justin Bieber

I've got a few in mind and of course he has to have defence :P. It's a hard choice as I've narrowed it down to 2. Also still have an Offensive Guy still in who would make for a killer offensive with D-Wade, Griffin and Evans but not sure if he could gel well with them.....

I'll stay on for another couple of minutes to see if Andrew does his picks.

Justin Bieber

Andrew is offline so I'll make my pick tommorrow evening after he has probably made his picks :).

RiOtChEsS

Andrew3737

I was going to take a defensive PF, bbut meh. I take the clear BPA

Dirk Nowitzki

He hasn't got any defence, but what he does have is a 8ft 6" jump shot that no one can challenge.

What this gives me is two 7ft unstoppable offensive forces in the High AND Low posts on offense, along side with the best PG in the league. Gasol isn't exactly useless on D either. He is around 12th on all Defensive stats. Which include, Block %, DWS, ORB%

This also gives me 3 of the top 5 WinShares. With CP3 and Gasol being 1 and 2. Dirk being 5.

Dirk is 32. So what. I get at least another 2 years of solid production. This also gives me about a 2 year window of the best offensive team in every position. I am pretty confident that with Gasol/Dirk/CP3, that I can win atleast a ring in the first 2 years, if not 2.

Pick 2.

Tough to go here. But I have to go with Iggy

Highlight reel that can get to the basket at will. This gives me a some defence on the wings, with the ability to attack the rim on the break.

With Iggy+Dirk added to my team, I feel I have an unstoppable force on Offense and a decent defensive team. Like I said, I have about 2-3 years of being the number #1/2 team then it looks like might be 5/6/7th best team. But hey, I'd rather win for a few seasons then be the 2nd/3rd/4th best team the whole time.

SF:
PF: Dirk
C: Gasol
SG: Iggy
PG: CP3

RiOtChEsS

flirted with the idea of AI 2 but he is having some major frailties at the moment...

first it was the achillies this year but now he has some deteriorating knee cap issue poor bugger :(

team is lookin pretty good in the present tho...

Hulmie

Quote from: Marcz on March 18, 2011, 01:32:00 AM
flirted with the idea of AI 2 but he is having some major frailties at the moment...

first it was the achillies this year but now he has some deteriorating knee cap issue poor bugger :(

team is lookin pretty good in the present tho...

Yeh AI and B.Roy i feel sorry for.

Tell you 1 thing though i can't stand Dirk he's a good player but i just can't stand him.

Hulmie

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 17, 2011, 11:20:43 PM
This guy is a more natural Shooting Guard but isn't half bad at the Point either ;). The reigning Rookie Of The Year, Tyreke Evans. At the age of 21, ages a little more franchise to my team and will rule with Blake and D-Wade for seasons to come. He's an all round player who can score, rebound, assist and steal. If I can quote this from Wikipedia (quick reference): "He also became the fourth NBA player in history to ever average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in his rookie year, joining Oscar Robertson (1960), Michael Jordan (1984) and LeBron James (2003)". He's got a bright future so is a good pick to join this up and coming squad.

If you want to look at it Statistically (because that's all that matters  :o) Tyreke Evans is actually worse than players such as Quentin Richardson, Mo Williams, Mike Bibby, Dorrell Wright, Arron Afflalo, Beno Udrich, J.J Redick, George Hill, Louis Williams.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 17, 2011, 06:47:26 PM
Which is why I'm limiting it to around 3 seasons due to contracts and trades.
u can disable salary cap and trades in settings...