NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hulmie

Quote from: Maca24 on March 14, 2011, 09:00:13 PM
Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 14, 2011, 08:49:27 PM
Eyeball test in basketball isn't a veey good way In judging a player though.

Lbj is the easiest to build around, esp with a double pick in the second freaking round.
yea i know, i scored for sure. although in the alltime i had the last pick :/
Ill be aiming for a PG to dish the ball to lebron without taking away from lebrons offense.
also a defensive big man :)

You only have to pick a PG that can defend and shoot the 3 don't worry about his ball handling LeBron will have the ball in his hands 90% of the time

Hulmie

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 14, 2011, 09:14:23 PM
He isn't even the 4th best offensive big man, but whatever.

According to 1 site  :P

Andrew3737

Hulmie

Well look and see what happens to players stats when a player joins a team like bosh and wade who's "stats" have plumted since LBJ arrived. Whilst making his own stats better. This shows me that LeBron makes the Players around him worse.
I'll show my work after indoor cricket

Andrew3737

Lol. he takes 31% USG off him. But go ahead, show your work.

Bosh was the centrepiece and best player for a bad team. Now he is the 3rd best player in contending team. Bosh isn't the centrepeice anymore and his role is different.

Wade hasn't dropped a lot.

LBJ has dropped I guess, Wade and Bosh make him a bad player ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: pothead on March 14, 2011, 07:43:32 PM
stuck between to people but i will go with Brook Lopez i want a good big man nice and early he is still young and is a beast in the paint  :)
I was hoping he'd slip to my next round of picks! He's nice and young and would have made for a Killer pair with Griffin 8). But gives me the chance to go defensive :).

I agree with Bosh. He use to carry the Raptors but now he has others to lessen his load = less stats. Doesn't make him less important for the structure, just means he doesn't show it stat-wise.

RiOtChEsS

6'10 118kg PF 22yo shoots 42% from three
shoots 85% from the line
averaging 20 points and 15 rebounds...

Kevin Love joins Dwight Howard...
good luck getting a rebound against this team :P

MajorLazer

I know I'm not part of this draft (Just missed out :(), but thought I'd just post it here that I think that Pau Gasol is so overrated it's not funny.

I just see him as soft as butter and from the games that I watch, he doesn't do much other than score off the pick and roll when Kobe can be flowered passing.

Know I will cop some criticism for that view, but it's what I see.

Also, stats aren't everything.

8-6 Suited

Andrew3737

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on March 14, 2011, 11:50:12 PM
He'll steal them from Howard.

This this this.

However, KL42 is having fantastic season. Another who is > Amare.

ML, if anything, Gasol is underated.

RiOtChEsS

its the nice respectful persona he portrays largely goes un noticed i rate Gasol very highly he is amazingly efficient a great passer and shoots high %s blocks steals etc hence i took him ahead of KG and Amare in the phantom draft...

i know both their rebounding numbers would go down but i like the way their games compliment each others and every loose ball will be secured got inside outside game between them and everybody is a better defender next DH12 ;)

8-6 Suited

And every secured ball by your team would then be stolen by KL42. :D

RiOtChEsS

;D yeah yeah hahaha...

im actually stimulated by this draft, i got a spare 5 minutes at work and smashed out a list of players to suit the gamestyle i want the team to play  8)

Hulmie

Your right Andrew about the LeBron Bosh Wade thing my bad all of there stat lines have dropped.

But i still think Amare's a better offensive player than Gasol, Gasol is better all round but i still think Amare is better on ofence.

RiOtChEsS

Maca is gonna be stoked with who is still on the table...