NBA draft of current players

Started by Hulmie, March 13, 2011, 01:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

But he has no D qualities at all.

Hulmie

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on March 14, 2011, 06:12:58 PM
But he has no D qualities at all.

Lol cmon now that's harsh he's still a very good shot blocker.

He struggles mainly with big men who bang in the paint, he's not to bad against players who play away from the basket not great but not too bad, (eg. Aldridge, Bosh, West)

Also he's basically unstopable as a scorer and with this draft it's going to be very easy to get a good defensive centre.

Andrew3737

Ur a bit off, ill pm ypu. Don't want to reveal anything here for the lbj and hgh team

8-6 Suited

With his size, it isn't hard to be a good shot blocker though. Brook Lopez for example is just as good as Stoudemire and younger than him at the same time.

Hulmie

Lopez is an even worse defender than Stoudemire a 7 footer who is averaging 6 rebounds a game he's not a good shot blocker for a big man either. He may be younger but Stoudemire's ability to get the And-1, his mid range jump shot are unchallenged just his all range offensive game is unchallenged by any other big man.

8-6 Suited

He isn't a good defender. I never said he was, I said he is just as good shot blocking as Stoudemire. He ranked 4th in the NBA in total blocks with 154 and 9th in blocks per game with 1.9, which was first among rookies. Stoudemire has only 2 seasons averaging over that mark with 2.1 in 06/07 and this season which he is averaging 2.2 thus far.

Andrew3737

Lolwut amare doesn't even touch gasol. Wtf r u even thinking.

Andrew3737

He isn't even the 2nd best offensive big man. Jesus christ. However, picking lma while amare is on the board is kinda spew.

Hulmie

Yeh but you look at Lopez he hasn't got better at blocking shots over his 3 years he's got worse.

Hulmie

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 14, 2011, 07:15:50 PM
Lolwut amare doesn't even touch gasol. Wtf r u even thinking.

Amare owns Gasol on Offence in every way.

His ability to get And-1's his ability to finish his ability to make the Mid Range Jumper.

He's even starting to hit the 3 point shot when he takes it.

Andrew3737

8-6 Suited

It's a strategy for me Andrew. Plus I terribly dislike Amare's over-hype.

Hulmie, season isn't over yet. So his stats towards this season aren't complete. :)

pothead

stuck between to people but i will go with Brook Lopez i want a good big man nice and early he is still young and is a beast in the paint  :)

Andrew3737

Not even sure amare is the 4th best offensive big

Hulmie

Stoudemire Rank's 2nd in the NBA in PPG, ranks 18th in FG% whilst taking the 4th most FG attempts, Ranks 1st in FG made per 48 minutes, Ranks 8th in Free throw attempts, 9th in free throws made, he's ranked 4th in the NBA for Efficiency.

Also
A.Stoudemire eFG%=.540, TS = .602, PER = 22.7
P.Gasol eFG% =  .523, TS = .578, PER = 22.0

A.Stoudemire>P.Gasol  offensive player