Main Menu

Go Cats

Started by bunyip, March 12, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

Quote from: bunyip on April 27, 2011, 07:29:50 PM
I don't, moons is a very important player. I admit though that we have a problem with our tall forwards. We should save up and when free agency comes in, buy Dawesy :)

I agree, Moons offers a lot .. he leads up well and takes a lot of minding .. but he won't be around forever and I know the club have a massive opinion of Mitch Brown .. hope he lives up to it and we don't need to buy anyone .. hopefully he'll get a fair amount of game time this year

bunyip

7 goals in the VFL the other day won't hurt his chances. :)

Cruiseon

Quote from: ossie85 on April 26, 2011, 07:52:35 PM

Very impressive cats.

I just keep looking for cracks... and they just don't appear.

Think the sides look better without Mooney :(

I know Bunyip doesn't agree but I was thinking exactly the same thing Os. You know it's werid when you barrack for an opposition to be selected IN the side and when we play Geelong I'll be hoping Moondog is in. 

bunyip

He has character Cruis. I know he's not the best CHF in the AFL, but I love his aggression and passion. There will always be a place in our hearts for the big hairy cat.

Cruiseon

I like Mooney Bunyip, a great character, maybe even a good heart but his kicking makes Cloke look like Plugger and his influence on the game continues to rapidly decline.

ossie85

Perhaps Mooney now is a lot like A Rocca in his later years?

bunyip

Or maybe he's simply doing what he's told to, create a contest and feed the crumbing players. There's a reason why he keeps getting a game, and it's not his good looks.

bunyip

The Cats have made it to their bye without losing a game. Most people (including me) would be surprised for various reasons. The way the season is panning out, the most significant win was the one against Freo.
I don't think we should get to excited yet, because it's a long season. But it's always nice to get off to a good start. No doubt, what everyone is wondering is whether Geelongs legs can carry them through the season. I think they can, because we now have about 6 players in the VFL capable of holding down a senior position, and the coaching staff will be able to rest players every so often without weakening the team significantly.
The question is, can we beat Collingwood. They are like a huge tank, crushing anyone who gets in their way. We will find out in a few weeks. No doubt the coaches will be more focused on winning enough games to get in the top 4. It's going to be very congested in the top half of the ladder I think. Some teams who have under performed will re-group and recover. In the end, all you can do is beat your next opponent, which for Geelong is North Melbourne.
They will be full of confidence after beating Port this week.

cookie311993

good to see the Cats going strong this year again

ossie85

The Cats are one of the most professional teams we have seen. Which seems like a strange thing to say after the Ablett/Thompson fiasco, but they're both gone, and Chris Scott is hungry, fresh and has a dream list for a first year coach.

Yes, the Cats can beat Collingwood. But I think Collingwood is the better team now.

cookie311993

i am actually suprised how well Chris Scott has taken over. Doing very well

bunyip

Scotty has done well. Maybe it's for a few reasons, one of which could be that he hasn't radically changed our game plan. Bomber got it right, so why tamper with perfection.
All the players seem to want to play for him and the team, thats gotta be good.

Milton

Quote from: bunyip on May 01, 2011, 10:10:14 AM
... we now have about 6 players in the VFL capable of holding down a senior position ..
You're right there bunyip .. Mitch Brown kicked another 5 in the VFL and apparently Alan Christensen slayed them in the midfield .. these guys and Vardy will be regulars next year

bunyip

Hopefully get a few under their belt this year. We hear a lot about these guys and I want to see how they go in the seniors.

bunyip

A danger game this week for the Cats at SS. North will be brimming with confidence after a strong win over Port. At first glance, the Cats look to good, but 9 tenths of the game is played in the mind, and North will be looking forward to the challenge.
A lot of people will be waiting for Geelongs bubble to burst, so I believe the players will go into this game with the right mind set. If Geelong get over North this week then the 2 undefeated teams meet the week after. But, first things first, North will not be a push over.
Apparently Lingy has a hammy, and may not play. Maybe another opportunity for Allen Christensen?