Main Menu

Go Cats

Started by bunyip, March 12, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

So the "Big Hairy cat" may get a game this week. If he gets a game and does OK all the pieces in the puzzle have fitted. We all have our fingers crossed. A settled forward line, and an abundance of young players trying to get a game augers well for the finals. Geelong are assured of a top 4 position now, and at the moment look like playing either Carlton or Hawthorn in a qualifying final. West Coast may be a problem if they get a home final, but have to make the top 4 to escape elimination the first round.
i give the Cats every chance of beating Collingwood in a final should we meet. Most Pie supporters would disagree, but I think we have the players to do it. Plus, Geelong are such a hard team mentally.

cookie311993

i like watching mooney cause he has that intimidation factor. Will take some attention away from Pods

bunyip

So what do we make of the Geelong/Melbourne fiasco.
Just this. The big hairy cat got through the game no problems and would be chock full of confidence. He even kicked straight. Scotty played Varcoe on a back flank in the last quarter and he did well.
What is Christensen going to be like when he grows up?
Melbourne don't deserve to be in the finals.
Geelong will be a contender. So, nothing has really changed.

Cruiseon

Nothing has changed except the complete  mauling you handed out left another club in dire straights.

You should be ashamed Bunyip, it was mean. ;)

It's really strange to see that kind of result in the era of the draft, priority picks and salary cap. No matter how bad Melbourne were, Geelong were awesome.

AFEV

Not much has changed but the 'AFL Records' wiki page needs to be updated ;)

roo boys!

And I reckon that page got a whole lot of readers at about 3 QTR time today ;)

bunyip

It's going to be hard next week for the selectors. Who would you drop? I hope they have a rotation plan worked out that all the players are aware of. The team they selected this week was just about full strength.

The return

i love geelong, lovee watching them play. great club

PowerBug

I was disappointed in Geelong not getting the highest ever score. I know they hold it currently with 37.17.239, but they should've beaten it yesterday. I was listening to the updates from the WB v WCE match and was hoping the Cats made it to 240+. Stevie J made a good DT captain for me.

Cicjose

he will make a good one this week too.

bunyip

The way things are panning out we may be playing Hawthorn in our first final. Every game this finals series is going to be a challenge for us, but I know we are up to it.
Whoever wins the flag this season is going to deserve it. Any one of the top 6 sides has a chance. There will be no blow outs this year.
Collingwood are the deserved favs. but I don't think they are as far ahead of the other teams as the media would have us believe.
They only beat the Saints by 19 points, and I didn't think St.Kilda played that well. It's just possible that the long season is starting to effect even their super fit players.
This will not be a war of attrition though, all the teams will be ready for the finals, and most will have a full list to chose from. Hawthorn and Carlton seem to be slowly getting most of their injured players back in time.
I am really looking forward to the finals this season, but at the same time, I have my fingers crossed.
Bring it on.

ossie85

It wasn't a great performance by Collingwood for sure, but they never really looked like losing either. It could end up being a war of attrition! But like you bunyip I doubt it. Must be said that the Cats were far from impressive against the Crows.

The Cats/Hawks match I'm really looking forward to (if that occurs)! Such a great rivalry that one.

Slightly disagree about blow outs though, I could see Essendon and Sydney (or whoever makes the finals) get absolutely smashed. I would have thought last year's top 3 were pretty close, didn't stop the Pies spanking the Cats and Saints in two games. Not saying that could happen this year! But off nights are off nights for everyone - including Collingwood. Is why the double chance is gold.

bunyip

I just think most of the finals games will be close. The ladder indicates the difference between the teams. Collingwood deserve to be on top, and they have a massive percentage because they have smashed teams all year. Opposition coaches would have picked their game apart though, and most have the talent to implement a game plan that can beat them. But, everything has to go right.

bunyip

It looks certain now that we'll be playing the Hawks in the qualifying final. That's good, great actually. If we win it puts the Hawks on the same side of the draw as the Pies. Now THAT would be an interesting Prelim. If we lose we play the Pies in another PF, assuming we both get that far.
West Coast are the X factor. I wonder what they'll do.
The Cats have 2 really good hit outs leading up to the first final, so, they should be red hot. I'll be interested in what team they select for the Sydney game, their won't be anyone with "general soreness" thats for sure. I think the team that plays Sydney will be our finals team. With the exception of Moondog.

Cruiseon

It's alright for you Bunyip, you get a proper hit-out against the reigning Premier in round 24. We only get to play Geelong.  ;)

(sorry, its the time of year where we all get a bit excited)