Main Menu

Go Cats

Started by bunyip, March 12, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

It has received no coverage at all, and no-one seems to have seen it, but did anyone see Menzel kick the ball over everyones head towards the goals and Mitch Duncan who was caught behind his opponent easily raced in and poked it through for a goal against Hawthorn. Their is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Daniel saw Mitch and deliberately kicked it to his advantage. It was an outstanding passage of play, and well done to both the kids.

Milton

bunyip it's refreshing to see the way Duncan, Menzel and even T.Hunt kick the ball .. especially the first two .. for years now we're been watching forwards that line up from 30/40 metres out and miss .. Moons, Byrnes, Hawkins and even Pods in recent times have missed goals at crucial times ..it looks like the two new boys will bring a new standard when it comes to kicking for goal

bunyip

I don't think it's just us either Milton, a few teams seem to have problems with kicking accurately.

bunyip

Good win Cats and no serious injury issues. A full strength side available next week so no excuses. The best team will win.

roo boys!

They played well today. Not half of what I fear they are capable of though. I'll be cheering you guys on for the flag. Go CATS!

bunyip

They will have to bring their "A" grade game with them next Friday night. I'm so looking forward to it.

bunyip

Great win cats. They just never gave up, even though they seemed to make a lot of mistakes, they just persisted. We all now know that Collingwood can be beaten. it should add a bit more interest in the season.
i hope Toovey is OK. That was a courageous thing to do. It MUST have hurt.

bunyip

A big game tonight. The Blues will fancy themselves after the rest. We need a big one from jPod and Tommahawk. Good luck guys, I'll be watching.

bunyip

The Blues won everywhere except the scoreboard last night. I think they showed us that they are real contenders this season. I hope Geelong can improve on that performance. We need more from jPod, 1 goal is not good enough from a key forward. A quiet night from Chappy and Jimmy. A few players need to lift if we are to be contenders this season. Last night we were lucky.

roo boys!

Chappy did well for my SC team :P

bunyip

Really/ I thought he was fairly quiet most of the game. Just goes to show you, I must miss a lot of the quick hand passes and the tackles.

bunyip

What a fantastic effort by Nathan Vardy to walk off the ground after getting hurt on Saturday. Also, hats off to Karmichael for applauding him when he got up. I thought that was good sportsmanship. That bump would have killed me.

bunyip

A big test again for the cats next week against the Hawks. I hope Buddy plays, he certainly adds a lot to the game. The Cats should have a full list to chose from. A few players coming back, one or two rested perhaps. We are heading into a very difficult month, so our winning streak may come to an end fairly soon.
I see Moons has given himself a month to get fit or he'll pull the plug. Personally, I'd love to see him back to his best form. Being one of our older players though, the odds are probably against him.

bunyip

What a good win against the Saints. Selwood out, Jimmy hurt and Kelly spending most of the last half at full forward because he could not run. Duncan nearly knocked out, and Vardy had the staggers for a minute or two.
This team never ceases to amaze me. A few sore bodies after this game though. Could this be an opportunity to give Mitch Brown a game? Steven Motlop and Jonathan Simpkin are also knocking on the door. Allen Christensen is at the head of the queue but there might be more than one spot available next week.
Travis Varcoe is a worry. He seems to be seriously out of form. What should the selectors do about him, drop him or persevere a few more weeks? There's guys in the 2's breaking their necks for a game.

bunyip

A good win against a poor Adelaide team. Good to see the kids get a kick. Adelaide did not seem interested from the start. What a great game between Sydney and Collingwood. The Swans had no answer for Cloke did they.
We play Essendon next week at Etihad. They can't seem to get their top 22 on the park this season. Hopefully we get a few players back, though some of the kids don't really deserve to be dropped.