Main Menu

Go Cats

Started by bunyip, March 12, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

A good come from behind win against the Blues. Both teams had a few players missing, so it was a good hit out for both of us.
I may have to find a way to put Selwood in my team.
Collingwood are once again the team to beat. They have such good strength on every line. Who is going to challenge them this season? Essendon are close, but not quite ready yet. It's going to be up to the 3 Amigos, Geelong, St.Kilda and Footscray again this season I think. I like Adelaide and Hawthorn though, and Sydney could be a surprise.
Fremantle, you never know with them.
We will see.

Cruiseon

Cats & Hawks for mine, I'll let Collingwood win round 1 against Port then see the updated odds, especially if Geelong lose (which is quite possible) they may provide some great value. I just don't see where St.Kilda's upside will come from, especially now their ruck situation is rather dire. Dogs maybe but we've been saying that for years now and the reality is the haven't come close which is a shame.

Bunyip any update on how Corey went or where he played?

bunyip

Don't know about Joel Corey. He's never been mentioned in our best players, if he played against Carlton he didn't play the whole game. No injury news though. They did this with him last season. I'm a bit concerned about him. If he picks up an injury early in the season again?????
They may simply be looking after him because they are doing that with Chappy and Moons to.
Because Geelong are an older team, they may try to shorten the season for some of the older players.
I notice they haven't worried that much about Dasha and Ottens.
If pre-season form is any guide, Hawthorn and Adelaide are the improvers this season.

bunyip

Geelongs VFL team had a practice match yesterday, and some senior players had a run. Chappy did not play, nor did Lingy. Blakey and Dawson Simpson rucked against each other. Significantly, Trent West did not play.
Does Scotty have Otto in mind for full forward and put Trent in the ruck? I think he could hold down the No1 ruck if given the opportunity. Ottens is a good option at ff I think with Pods and Hawkins hovering about they would be hard to match up on. Our first game is at the MCG so the weather will be a factor, but if it's a warm night it may work.
St. Kilda are struggling in their rucks at the moment so Scotty may seek to exploit this apparent weakness.

Justin Bieber

Chappy with next to no practice matches this pre season :-\. And I was thinking off him for my team (Ay least if he played, I would have taken the risk).

Ottens and Hawkins could be good at rotating forwards/pinch hitting rucks. Along with Pods, could make for a potent tall forward line.

But who do you think will get number 1 ruck bunyip? Blake or West under Scott?

bunyip

I think Scotty will still play 2 rucks, Otto will be first ruck and maybe Trent West second, and changing or resting at full forward. It's worth a try. A few coaches might experiment a bit with the sub rule. If it were up to me, I'd play West before Blake.

bunyip

Latest word is that Chappy AND Lingy are going to play :)

Fletch74

Quote from: bunyip on March 22, 2011, 07:35:54 PM
Latest word is that Chappy AND Lingy are going to play :)
Very much underdone though, wouldn't you think Bunyip?

ossie85

Sign of desperation I reckon, playing old underdone players in round 1.

Cruiseon

Personally I don't think either will play. I know a new coach is keen to get some momentum early but Scott is a wise character, I think he knows that a long term game plan is very important.

bunyip

I think you're right cruis. He hinted that they MAY play in a VFL game this Saturday instead. Unfit or under done players are more often a liability in a game.

bunyip

Another (lucky) gutsy win against a quality team. The Collingwood juggernaut crushes another hapless team. We play Port Adelaide at home next week in a must win game.
If the cats are to finish in the top 4 we need to be at least 8 for 3 at half way.
But, who is going to stop Collingwood? Maybe, like the big bad wolf, we just don't worry to much about them untill we cross their path. All you can do is win against whoever you play, and so far the Cats have done that.
A VERY important game for us next week, we simply cannot afford to drop it.

Cruiseon

Bunyip don't worry about Collingwood, it's April!!!

So much can happen and you need a lot of luck to win a flag. Look at poor Lenny Hayes and Nathan Brown, anything can happen at any time. If we lost one if our remaining big fellas we'd be in real trouble so let's just keep gathering the 4 points as they come then come late August let's see who is in form and has a fit list. In the meantime Geelong have snatched two games, played pretty well and should be happy with themselves.

I'm not just talking it down, i'll bang on about being reigning Premiers all day if you want but I suspect you don't.

bunyip

LOL. You're very astute at times cruis. You're right though, at this time of year you worry about beating your opponent, not who will be playing in September.
I can't wait till we play Collingwood to tell you the truth, it's a win win situation for us. No-one expects us to beat them so if we do scratch a win we can brag about it the rest of the season........right? :-\

Cruiseon

You can brag about it until September starts Bunyip, then the slate is wiped clean.