Main Menu

Where will Hirdy play Hurley?

Started by Luigi197, March 12, 2011, 02:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

cheers HP. didnt notice some of that.

made a few changes and realised i forgot Gumby

nas

Will play fwd but as soon as one of your key defenders go down bang straight back to the backlines. IMO

Fletch74

Quote from: naste on March 13, 2011, 04:40:41 PM
Will play fwd but as soon as one of your key defenders go down bang straight back to the backlines. IMO
More than likely right Naste... As for Gumby, he will develop into a very good player for up this year. There is nothing wrong with having 3 talls in the forward line. Gone are the days of true positions like FF etc.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 13, 2011, 03:47:35 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on March 13, 2011, 12:16:34 PM
agree with hilly, im hoping gumby doesnt play. he is a useless kick and not going to get anywhere with a FF who cant kick.
Ryder and hille resting at FF, Hurley at CHF.
hurley was drafted as a backman ansd is more than capable, but our back line is solid.
Think hurley is going to be one of the best players in the league.  ;)
His kicking action is horrible agreed, but he has age on Williams and has much more to learn about the game while Williams can be seen to be a shadow of his mid '00 form. Gumby did an alright job last season considering it was his first where he was mostly injury free. If he works on his kicking, he'll be more certain. But we wouldn't have persisted with him if we didn't think he had talent. I'd think he'd play ahead of Williams but that's what I would do. Not sure what Hirdy would do.....
I agree, williams is terrible and goes missing far to much. gumby must have something if we drafted him at pick 2. he might prove me wrong and learn to kick but IMO he needs a major overhaul in kicking action.

Justin Bieber

Haha, at least we agree on that! I'm just happy if it doesn't go out on the full! But he proves me wrong time after time, 90% of the time ;D.

bomberboy0618

i love davey and monfries. I have monfries signature :D

topdon

He'll play him forward.  Hird has resisted the temptation all pre-season to send him back, so you would think forward is where he'll stay.

cookie311993

its a tough choice he played pretty good in pre-season. Maybe centre and occasionally push forward

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cookie311993 on March 20, 2011, 05:52:27 PM
Maybe centre and occasionally push forward
Mixed them up Cookie? I'd like him at CHF and play a similar role to Roo in the future.

Alex7089

Gumby dominated juniors, completely dominated. Nobody could stop him, those who saw him at his best will tell you that. If Williams plays over Gumby...Well it is mistake #1 for Jimmy IMO.
Hurley will play forward in our best 22.

Maca24

williams wont get games unless he finds form in VFL or one of our forwards gets an injury.
Current Forward line:
Monfries, Hurley, Jetta
Crameri, Ryder, Davey

Gumby and Williams waiting in the wings...

Boomz

At least we have alright players waiting in the wings... Gumby on his day is a good player as is Williams but don't think they will be doing a lot to show they should be in the side.

Maca24

Quote from: BOOMZ on March 27, 2011, 05:56:57 PM
At least we have alright players waiting in the wings... Gumby on his day is a good player as is Williams but don't think they will be doing a lot to show they should be in the side.
yea I agree. think our forward line has good synergy, with a group who can all affect the scoreboard.

Alex7089

I would rather see Jetta out on a wing and then Gumby on the flank. The guy will be awesome.

Maca24

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 27, 2011, 07:00:03 PM
I would rather see Jetta out on a wing and then Gumby on the flank. The guy will be awesome.
Im of the complete opposite lol.
You would like gumby on a flank shanking it in to full forward.  :P