Main Menu

Where will Hirdy play Hurley?

Started by Luigi197, March 12, 2011, 02:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Where will Hirdy place Hurley for the majority of the season? in what circumstances?
Forward or Back.

-Comments?
-Where will he got more SC Points also?

HillHero13

he has been awesome in the foward line this year, and seeing as we have Hooker, Fletcher, and Pears to come back i don't think there will be space for him in the backline.

Fletch74

I agree Hilly, he'll be assisting Gumby and the resting ruckmen down forward for mine.

Boomz

Forward barring an injury down back...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: HillHero13 on March 12, 2011, 02:08:25 PM
he has been awesome in the foward line this year, and seeing as we have Hooker, Fletcher, and Pears to come back i don't think there will be space for him in the backline.
Basically as I see it. Only filled in down back last year when Pears was injured.

Pears and Hooker will fill FB and CHB and Hurley likely CHF if Gumby is used at FF.

HillHero13

tbh if we are going to play Ryder+Hille i don't see Gumby playing, there won't be a spot for him, especially with the 3 interchange isn't it?

but Hurley will be CHF, and the resting ruck ff, hille or ryder.

and since we value our small fowards, Davey, Jetta, Zaharakis, Williams and Monfries.

i just can't see Gumby playing, and if there is someone to blame for that it will be the AFL.

Fletcher now will be BP/HB because he now has the ability to play on anyone, similar to Harry O' Brien.

Justin Bieber

You really don't see Gumby playing? I think he'll be played at FF and the resting Ruckman there as a third tall (Gumby + Hurley + Ryder/Hille).

Jetta and Zaha have shown a bit and more than likely might be played more up the ground and those guys will rotate the bench as well. Williams will more than likely be the one to sit out the games as he's past his prime and is there for depth. If he plays ahead of Gumby on a regvular basis (not counting form, injury, etc) it's not that great as we are trying to work a spine for the next 5-6 years and Gumby will turn into a better player as long as he plays.

Maca24

agree with hilly, im hoping gumby doesnt play. he is a useless kick and not going to get anywhere with a FF who cant kick.
Ryder and hille resting at FF, Hurley at CHF.
hurley was drafted as a backman ansd is more than capable, but our back line is solid.
Think hurley is going to be one of the best players in the league.  ;)

HillHero13

i didn't say i don't want him to play, i would love him to play, but i just can't see it.

Maca24

Quote from: HillHero13 on March 13, 2011, 01:01:27 PM
i didn't say i don't want him to play, i would love him to play, but i just can't see it.
never said you did. i said i dont. i honestly cant see him going anywhere..

HillHero13

Quote from: Maca24 on March 13, 2011, 01:30:15 PM
KPP always take 5-6 years to develop, he will be a gun next year maybe the one after.

Maca24

Quote from: HillHero13 on March 13, 2011, 01:34:04 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on March 13, 2011, 01:30:15 PM
KPP always take 5-6 years to develop, he will be a gun next year maybe the one after.
I disagree.. he has to battle with injuries aswell. wouldnt surprise me if he only plays 10 games this year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on March 13, 2011, 12:16:34 PM
agree with hilly, im hoping gumby doesnt play. he is a useless kick and not going to get anywhere with a FF who cant kick.
Ryder and hille resting at FF, Hurley at CHF.
hurley was drafted as a backman ansd is more than capable, but our back line is solid.
Think hurley is going to be one of the best players in the league.  ;)
His kicking action is horrible agreed, but he has age on Williams and has much more to learn about the game while Williams can be seen to be a shadow of his mid '00 form. Gumby did an alright job last season considering it was his first where he was mostly injury free. If he works on his kicking, he'll be more certain. But we wouldn't have persisted with him if we didn't think he had talent. I'd think he'd play ahead of Williams but that's what I would do. Not sure what Hirdy would do.....

Luigi197

so in order, essendon's best backmen and forward line in order????

i think..

BAC: Fletcher, Pears, Dempsey, Hooker, Heppell (c), Hibberd.
FWD: Ryder, Zaharakis, Hurley, Crameri, Jetta, Gumbleton, Williams.

EDITED..

Justin Bieber

Dempsey can't defend though so how he rates higher than Pears is :o. I rate Pears as our number 1 (for the future), Fletch and then Hooker.

Crameri can't be rated ahead of Hurley :o. Hurley is our best option going forward with Ryder/Hille (resting ruckman) next in line. Jetta next followed by Zaha. Then probably Gumby/Williams (depending on how you see it).

Crameri, Heppell and Hibberd haven't been given a go in an actual AFL game (season) so hard to judge them and other rookies.