Injuries

Started by mcwarne, May 10, 2009, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwarne

Is this the worst season ever (so far) for injuries? It started as a trickle and is now gushing like a flood. So far (for me):
Liam Anthony (never even got out of the blocks, that one) (still holding)
Trent Hentschel (should have known better) (traded for Wade T, Wade who now!)
Andrew Raines (still waiting.......still waiting....he is fit now and ready for selection....still waiting...)
Greg Broughton (looked promising, so injured immediately, of course) (long gone)
The Twin Towers  - Jacobs and Spencer (sounds like a version of Harrods!)
(both hurt a foot and it seems destined to be 0 and 0 on my bench for the rest of this goddam season)
GAblett (well documented one and I will be waiting for his return like the prodigal son)
Dane Beams (just when you looked at who could cover for Ablett, down goes your only sub) (gone for Coughlan like 100,000 others)
H.Skipworth (got that huge hundred early so I decided to wait. Hope I dont have to wait as long as I am for Raines....did I mention I am still waiting for Raines?)
Mitchell Brown (found out about this little news gem AFTER lockout, dont you just love that?) (copping the donut this week but gone next)
And now half way through this round:
Alex Rance (knocked into the next galaxy and out of action for a while I would suggest. Just dont like the term "like a car crash". It scares me) (gone next week, but for whom? Luke Pratt? Help)
My bench (which was carefully constructed to provide cover for injuries) now looks like a warzone of dead ducks!
Throw in Houlihans non selection and it is a miracle I have only traded 4 times. I am sure there are many worse horror stories than mine but I really think it is time for the DT makers to up the trades from the current measly 20. What do some of you guys think?

Bomber Rock

Very similar to me, except Trent Hentschel - I never had him. But add to the list Richo, Knights, Nathan G Brown and Hodge (who has been a disaster anyway)!!!!

mcwarne

And today there were fairly serious injuries to Kane Cornes and Salopek (whom I dont have). They should have named THIS game "Last Man Standing". I actually wouldnt mind at some stage doing a regulation upgrade (like say soon trading Rich for a new guy and then turning someone into a big gun). But right now Daniel Rich has two functioning arms and legs so I dont have that luxury to trade him!

Bomber Rock

lol...  agreed. I have not done one legitimate upgrade this year. One trade was burnt on a sideways rookie, and the rest on injuries!

hibbo

Houlihan
Broughton
Raines
Ablett
Beams
Cook
Anthony
Butler
Kane Cornes???
Jacobs
Spencer
Hentschel
Skippy
M Brown
NG Brown

+ managed to get worst pick-up of the year Lukey Hodge.

:)

booya

You guys are a pisser lol. I did my 1st premium upgrade - luke hodge. Probably trade back in raines??

footycool

Yeah, Chuck in Lucas and S burgoyne....

Dedem

lets just say.... i have 12 trades left...

Prospector_1

Yup, looks like a year for conserving trades!

yogibbear

Yeah i've wasted ~6 trades merely on covering for the 14 inuries i've had...

No trades for upgrades this year :(

Prospector_1

will1990

to be honest luckily i havent been hit with the injuries yet. my first one was rance and higgins this week. but rance being on my bench luckily it didnt affect my team... good luck everyone though.