Main Menu

fantasyfootyclub.com

Started by bailz66, March 08, 2011, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailz66

Figured I would set up a post here since there is a specific spot for it

I am one of the admins there and we run a few things

Forums, blog (daily), Newsletter, Stats

The feedback we have been getting has been pretty good.

Latest blogs have been on
Winning the leagues
Premiums
Magic Number
and some match reports

You can visit us at www.fantasyfootyclub.com

Justin Bieber

Looks like a nice tidy blog/site you got there.

Like the injury tracker 8).

boo-yaa

good looking site mate, +1 on the tracker  8)
i'll look forward to reading some of your blogs.

Justin Bieber

Love the piece on Relton!! Funny stuff, but lucky I didn't fall into that trap :D.

nas

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 10, 2011, 07:32:29 PM
Love the piece on Relton!! Funny stuff, but lucky I didn't fall into that trap :D.

Haha but fell in another way x 2 eh> no names mentioned tho.

nas

Good write up also, as well as the injury update.

bailz66

Thanks for the feedback guys

I plan on putting a fair bit more work into the injury update so that its all managed automatically. This information will also go into each of the players statistics so that its easy to go back and tell which players are subject to injuries ect

Anyway thanks for having a look

-Bailz

bailz66

Just some interesting stats from a Blog we put up today. Hoping to have some stats available for this kind of stuff in the near future.

http://www.fantasyfootyclub.com/dream-team/its-all-a-popularity-contest/#more-587

QuoteWell its Round 4 and the top echelon of players are starting to show themselves quite a bit!

A number of the teams focusing on League Wins will drop away from this group as the multi bye rounds start to take their toll on their overall rankings but don’t expect things to be to easy if you are going for overall at least not yet. Many players have been trading aggressively this year with the extra trades.

In round 2 Edward Curnow was traded into over 38,000 teams meaning that over 15% of teams traded him in. Now that figure is increased even more when you look at the top 1000 teams where 45% of teams traded him in which goes with the 26% that already had him. That means that 70% of the top 1000 teams have Curnow in their team? Do you?

Of the top 10 teams every team has Gibbs, Swan, Goddard, N Riewolt, Cox, Darling, Lowerwith Gibbs, Swan and Cox in every top 100 team in the comp.

Other popular players are Sandilands who is in 9/10 of the top 10 sides and just 75 of the top 100 teams. Daniel Harris, Nick Duigan, Cam Richardson, Andrew Krakouer are also 9′s and very popular throughout the competition.

Some other interesting stats include Jed Adcock who is in 80% of the top 10 but only 35% of the top 100 and 30% of the top 1,000. Stats like this show how a performing unique pick can really set up a team early in the competition when that player is flying.

It is interesting to know that in the top 10 Mitchell Curnow (Port Adelaide) was actually selected in one side though he has been there since round 1 (oops).

Looking at other interesting points Andy Otten was only selected by 2 teams in the top 10, 49 teams in the top 100 and then 627 teams of the top 1,000. So for the top teams he isn’t widely selected but throughout the rest of the comp there are a lot more people who have selected him.

Trading
In the top 10 teams this week 3 teams performed 1 trade and 3 teams performed 2 trades where after round 1 no trades were made from the top 10. This means that in the current top 10 there was 9 trades used this week. This is significantly lower than the 125 trades used in the top 100 (.9 trades per player compared to 1.2 trades per player)

In the top 1000 teams there was even more trades used with 1.3 trades used per player. In the top 10,000 there was 1.38 trades used per player. The average trades used per player over the top 100,000 players was 1.46 trades this week. Its interesting that those teams that have been more aggressive are further back which can be attributed to the fact that they have some issues with their teams that need fixing.

The Number 1 Team
The currently ranked number 1 team has so far used 0 trades and has jumped from 698th place in round 1 up to 12th in round 2 and then to first in round 3. He has $9,500 left in his salary cap.

This week with the bye he has a number of players out with
Goddard, Jesse O’Brien in his backline
Montagna, Libertore, Irons (Dropped) in the midfield with Conca, Swallow and Daniel Harris on the field he may get away without trading.
In the Ruck he has McCulloch and Keeffe not named with some doubt over Sandilands. With no emergencies in his ruck he is looking at a 0 next week and the week after. (Will probably get Smith this round)
Up forward he is missing N Riewolt, Duncan (Dropped) and Higgins as well

Another thing of interest about this side is it has no Dual Position coverage which will possibly put him in trouble next week with 3 players out of his forward line.

It will be interesting to see which trades if any darryllovesdidak (No Didak in this team) performs this week with 4 of his premiums out as well as a number of his better performing rookies.

Good luck to everyone for the next 3 rounds with 9 teams having byes over those weeks anything can happen!

Memphistopheles

I find the stats on Swan more interesting.

I currently don't have him and am ranked 1555 (Have improved it every week since round 3 when i was 23,881).

I don't plan on getting him right now so if he is out/injury affected I could be one of the teams to benefit.

Cicjose

i must be doing something wrong not having traded that many times this year....