Main Menu

My Dynasty

Started by Andrew3737, February 28, 2011, 07:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

Just going to do the draft, then I'll bump it when I comence.

Draft pick is....

True Random Number Generator
Min:  1
Max:  30
Result:

lololol.....

Andrew3737

Best Players.

1.LBJ
2.Howard
3.CP3
4.Durant
5.Wade

I'm going to go the unorthodox pick selection here. I'll explain why. Picking LBJ, just spoils the game. He makes ANY team into conference finalists with 50+ wins. You can pick LBJ and draft a bunch of 50's and still make the playoffs. There just isn't any skill in selecting LBJ in this. You don't have to build a team, because your team is LBJ, thats it. If I pick any of the remaining 4, I get to actually build a team and put some thought into it, while still being one of the favourites.

Howard. The obvious pick here. The best big man in the league and the best defender the league has seen in a long time. If he adds offensive to his game, you may see 30/20 numbers from this guy. Defensive anchor, that I can surround with offensive players to become a real contender.

Andrew3737

Ghey,, just did a nice fat write up on my 2nd pick, only for the power to go out.

I picked nowitizki over nash because dirk has 3-4 years left of solid productivity compared to nash,s 1.

Other options were aldridge iggy and love. Ddnt choose iggy because of his defence is a lot better then his offense. Aldridge was a toughie. But I passed because he is just not as good as dirk will prob never be. Love is not needed. All u get is rebounding and some offense. Dirk/hgh is def a nba finals package

Andrew3737

3rd round I chose Beasley. He is another shooter which is fantastic. They always double team HGH, so basically just surround him with a couple of shooters for easy points. Also since he is young, I get a lot of value from him.

4th round I chose Shannon Brown. Again, another shooter. He is also a pretty dam good wing defender.

5th round DJ Augustin. Another shooter, plus a fantastic passer.

Overall, I think I have a championship side. Very young too. I think it almost guarntee's I'll get to the finals 2/3 times and when I replace Nowtizki, maybe a few more times. I have a massive window thanks to Howard.

See how I go.

I won't be playing every game because god damm that will take so long.

8-6 Suited

I personally agree with going for Howard. I went for LBJ and traded him out after 20 games in my season. having him kind of ruins it. There is no challenge in it.

Andrew3737

Andrew3737

Got the number 3 pick..

Who ca guess who I'm going to build around

RiOtChEsS

Durant or Howard?

just about to start one of these myself ;)

8-6 Suited

Probably either Howard or Durant. Potentially CP3. Don't see it being Wade although he is a gun... there is other options out there for his spot in the team.

Andrew3737

Obv howard is number 2. so its either cp3 or durant or wade/rose

RiOtChEsS

Maca24

im confident you'll pick CP3

8-6 Suited

I personally just did my season with CP3... was pretty good to play with him.

Maca24

Im thinking of starting a new season with Pierce and Paul/Griffen/Horford.
Im pretty good with Pierce on Live.

8-6 Suited

Allen > Pierce. Just saying...