Main Menu

All Time NBA Draft:

Started by Maca24, February 26, 2011, 12:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

You gotta remember, Wilt was 7ft 1 1/2. In a era where the closest guy too him was Bill Russell, who was 6ft 9. Bill Russell dominated him. Wilt's averages were halved everytime the Wilt played against Russell. There is a reason why Wilt only had 2 rings. Rules were all different. No offensive 3 seconds etc etc. Fouls were called differently. Average scoring games were 130+. Rebouding is the same.

Here are some stats with Wilt vs Shaq.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=onealsh01&y1=2006&p2=chambwi01&y2=1973

Both 14 seasons.

Notice how the PER, TS% and eFG% are higher. Look @ the TRB%, It's really really close. Given that more rebounds in Wilts era and he was fighting off 6ft 9 guys.

Look @ the playoffs. Shaq smashes him everywhere.

2 totatlly diferent Era's where Wilt is only guy over 6ft 9, rules are totally different. Clear winner here is SHaq.

valkorum

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 01, 2011, 10:13:17 PM
You gotta remember, Wilt was 7ft 1 1/2. In a era where the closest guy too him was Bill Russell, who was 6ft 9. Bill Russell dominated him. Wilt's averages were halved everytime the Wilt played against Russell. There is a reason why Wilt only had 2 rings. Rules were all different. No offensive 3 seconds etc etc. Fouls were called differently. Average scoring games were 130+. Rebouding is the same.

Here are some stats with Wilt vs Shaq.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=onealsh01&y1=2006&p2=chambwi01&y2=1973

Both 14 seasons.

Notice how the PER, TS% and eFG% are higher. Look @ the TRB%, It's really really close. Given that more rebounds in Wilts era and he was fighting off 6ft 9 guys.

Look @ the playoffs. Shaq smashes him everywhere.

2 totatlly diferent Era's where Wilt is only guy over 6ft 9, rules are totally different. Clear winner here is SHaq.

White Goodman :P

Well Wilt played Volleyball as well ;)

pothead

David " THe Admiral" Robinson is my pick  :)

8-6 Suited

I always knew Shaq was better than Wilt, Andrew, but I enjoyed our arguments. :P Generally drunk and bored so it gave me something to do haha :P

RiOtChEsS

nice picks lads :) Maca's turn to do the double and send it back...

Maca24

My picks are Clyde Drexler and Dennis Rodman

pothead

dirk nowitzki is my next pick

RiOtChEsS

j959

Ok, with pick 33 ... I'll take ...

Patrick Ewing as my back-up centre.
Tough one, still a lot of great players left (including lots of oldies) ...

8-6 Suited

Hard decision for me here. It's between 2 great outside shooters, the greatest 2 of all time.

But I am going to have to take the greatest despite being slightly better in PER and worse in WS% a fair bit.

So I take Ray 'Jesus Shuttlesworth' Allen for my 2 guard.

PG: Gary 'The Glove' Payton
SG: Ray 'Jesus Shuttlesworth' Allen
SF: Scottie 'Pip' Pippen
PF: Charles 'Sir Charles' Barkley
C: Shaquille 'Shaq' O'Neil

BENCH: Wilt 'The Big Dipper' Chamberlain
BENCH:
BENCH:
BENCH:
BENCH:

Andrew3737

RiOtChEsS

to be honest im surprised u waited this long for Ray Ray ;)

who ya taking Andrew?

Andrew3737

I'll take Durant as my 6th man.

Some stats from last season.

PER 26.2
TS% .607
USG% 32.0
WS% 16.1

Only going to improve.

Bring it.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 04, 2011, 01:32:46 AM
I'll take Durant as my 6th man.

Some stats from last season.

PER 26.2
TS% .607
USG% 32.0
WS% 16.1

Only going to improve.

Bring it.
wow :o didnt see that coming

8-6 Suited

Was hoping he'd last another round to fill my bench. Nice pick though Andrew.