Main Menu

All Time NBA Draft:

Started by Maca24, February 26, 2011, 12:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Marcz on March 05, 2011, 02:14:40 PM
haha there is still good oldies but everyones switching strategy :P
thats what i reckon lol. everyone is going for popularity.

Andrew3737

There sare good oldies, but not elite.

8-6 Suited

John 'Hondo' Havlicek

A Celtics legend. 8x NBA Champion, 1x Finals MVP, 13x NBA All-Star, 4x All-NBA First team and 7x All-NBA Second team. But the major reason I will take him is his defensive achievements. 5× NBA All-Defensive First Team and 3x NBA All-Defensive second team.

For the man who revolutionized the 6th man spot, he will now become mine. :>

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 05, 2011, 02:18:15 PM
There sare good oldies, but not elite.
its ok to admit uve changed strategy Andrew u r human arent u?

8-6 Suited

PG: Gary 'The Glove' Payton
SG: Ray 'Jesus Shuttlesworth' Allen
SF: Scottie 'Pip' Pippen
PF: Charles 'Sir Charles' Barkley
C: Shaquille 'Shaq' O'Neil

BENCH: John 'Hondo' Havlicek
BENCH: Wilt 'The Big Dipper' Chamberlain
BENCH:
BENCH:
BENCH:

As for there not being any elite oldies, yes there is Andrew. You just don't think they are. Not a lot of current elite players left anymore either. ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on March 05, 2011, 02:41:30 PM
As for there not being any elite oldies, yes there is Andrew. You just don't think they are. Not a lot of current elite players left anymore either. ;)
yep infact il name u a better New Orleans PG than CP3...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Maravich

Andrew3737

8-6 Suited

Marcz, he is right. Pistol Pete wasn't that good. :P

RiOtChEsS

Andrew3737

Well maybe you should. Might learn not to rate a player by sorting everything in the achievements column  from their wiki page.

8-6 Suited

But Kidd > Paul. But thats for careers thus far, where as given the same years int he league Paul > Kidd will be an understatement.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 05, 2011, 02:57:45 PM
Well maybe you should. Might learn not to rate a player by sorting everything in the achievements column  from their wiki page.
i was pointing out uve changed ur strategy...

so im guessing u rate Pis CHraul over Bob Cousy over Tiny Archibald over Walt Frazier???

8-6 Suited

All those above you had champion teams around them Marcz. Paul never has been is easily statistically better than them in his 6 seasons in the league.

You put Paul with Boston, Heat, Knicks, Magic or Lakers and I assure you that he would be winning rings almost every season.

Andrew3737

I haven't changed strategy though. I'm picking the best players that I need for my bench.

And yes I would. You seriously underrate CP3's ability. He has GOAT potential and is easily 2nd/3rd best player in the league today. This is while he is stuck in NOH+injuries.

I put Kidd and CP in the same bracket.

CP's PER was .1 behind LBJ's first MVP year. His WS were through the roof. THen he got injured.

RiOtChEsS

but then his stats wouldnt be so impressive so its a catch 22...