Main Menu

All Time NBA Draft:

Started by Maca24, February 26, 2011, 12:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

8-6 Suited

Its awkward with the forum not working for everyone guys. I think we personally should be a little more lenient.

j959

i'm happy to wait a bit - we had our public holiday yesterday and if it had been my turn i prob would've missed the 24hr clock ...

but happy to go with the consensus view ...

Maca24

yea no worries. ill get him to make his pick tonight

pothead

yea sorry guys i forgot do i just pick 1 or 2

Maca24

pothead

Tracy Mcgrady and Vince Carter

Maca24

well played. Love them both, use2 be my faves t their peaks

Andrew3737

Vince just never came into. He had so much potential and just never filled it.

Tracy on the other hand, started his peak and was one of the best players in that season. He got injured and never returned. Had the potential to be one of the all time greats and easy top 10 player ever. In terms of highest peak McGrady, is almost has high as you can get.

Just a little bit more on Tracy's peak.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=mcgratr01&y1=2003&p2=jamesle01&y2=2009&p3=onealsh01&y3=2000&p4=jordami01&y4=1988&p5=bryanko01&y5=2006&p6=garneke01&y6=2004

Chucked in Kobe only because people love Kobe. Kobe isn't that good compared to others and pretty much Tracy was robbed of being in the hall of fame through injuries. He was only 23 that season. Loads of soft tissue injuries.

j959

Yeah, i like the McGrady pick also pot - that was seriously my next pick. In terms of peak, he was da bomb.

ok, with pick 45 i need some offence so I'll take ...

Amar'e Stoudemire

i think i have enough defence within the team at the moment ...

SF:  Elgin Baylor
PF:  Karl Malone
C:   Bill Russell
SG: Jerry West
PG: Jason Kidd

Bench: Patrick Ewing
Bench: Chauncey Billups
Bench: Amare Stoudemire

Shaggy, what happened to the current players NBA draft??  ; )

8-6 Suited

Not sure actually. It was there but disappeared 2 days ago I think.

RiOtChEsS

8-6 Suited

Seriously? Already? Damn. I'll do it in a second.

8-6 Suited

Kevin '411' McHale.

Part of the Celtics original big three of my time, McHale Bird and Parish, he was a dominant big man int he low post. He was a terrific defender and had some amazing moves to get to the ring.

PG: Gary 'The Glove' Payton
SG: Ray 'Jesus Shuttlesworth' Allen
SF: Scottie 'No Tippen Pippen
PF: Charles 'Sir Charles' Barkley
C: Shaquille 'Shaq' O'Neil

BENCH:
BENCH:
BENCH: John 'Hondo' Havlicek
BENCH: Kevin '411' McHale
BENCH: Wilt 'The Big Dipper' Chamberlain

j959

not a bad pick at all Shaggy, though i still can't believe i'd ever see Wilt on 'the bench'!!   ;)

what's the "411" in reference to, i don't think i've ever heard that nickname for McHale before ...