The Little Black Book.

Started by Pkbaldy, February 26, 2011, 10:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

This is where you can discuss the great and fail choices that heraldsun put into that little book of 'joy'. You can also say if it effected your team. Personally, it won't change my mind much. One thing turned me right off it, Richard Tambling as a Buy 'Em.

Maca24

Its good for first year coaches, but us experienced coaches should not let it influence us at all! will buy it later for a read  :)

Pkbaldy

Experienced?? Dude, i'm a massive fail :P You will see when i update you my scores haha :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 26, 2011, 11:17:07 AM
Experienced?? Dude, i'm a massive fail :P You will see when i update you my scores haha :)
Join the pack :P.

They gave away Boyd last year :'(.

*Peace Out Pplz.

HotTiges

Didn't it say to stay away from Malceski??

My thoughts as questionable calls or players I'd stay away from their recommendations..

bank 'em - Drummond, Black, Flectcher, Rawlings, Cassisi, Jude Bolton

buy 'em - Quinn (didn't he score a 0 lol), Campbell (melb), Mitch Morton, Armitage, Djerrkura

Sure I may have a missed a couple.. Hasn't really effected my team.. interesting to see some stats on some of premos etc and also how Krak scored 290 sc points in the WAFL final and Jack Darling scored a world record of 306 sc in under 16's lol..

Fletch74

Quote from: Maca24 on February 26, 2011, 11:13:25 AM
Its good for first year coaches, but us experienced coaches should not let it influence us at all! will buy it later for a read  :)
Inexperienced coaches will get some insight into it only. It's a marketing ploy to get more papers sold, nothing else!!

Maca24

yep. i remember my first year i followed it like a bible  :P

vc_bombers

Quote from: HotTiges on February 26, 2011, 11:55:36 AM

Yeah it also said to buy McLean, Ball, Mark McVeigh and Ward. Not exactly Nostradamus.

MightyLions

Quote from: Maca24 on February 26, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

+1 lol , same here!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: vc_bombers on February 26, 2011, 12:43:29 PM

Yeah it also said to buy McLean, Ball, Mark McVeigh and Ward. Not exactly Nostradamus.

And TAMBLING!!!! >.<

nas

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 26, 2011, 01:32:08 PM
Quote from: vc_bombers on February 26, 2011, 12:43:29 PM

And TAMBLING!!!! >.<

Well Adelaide Bought him prior to the book release.

vc_bombers

I also find it quite amazing when they talk about the lions. They tell you to bank on Drummond, and bury Xavier Clarke because "One of the golden rules of SuperCoach is don't select injury-prone players"....

Planetcollingwood

Didn't it say to stay away from Malceski?

yes it did and i'm still filthy about it..., >:(

i wont even bother with the frickin book this year.
DYOR - do your own reserch.
cheers

DrZeius

Quote from: Maca24 on February 26, 2011, 12:38:06 PM

hahahaah +2

supercoach addict

The black book sucks, just look at Shane Crawfords team, these are the guys giving you tips.