higgins trade

Started by verda32, May 06, 2009, 10:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verda32

I was considering trading higgins to fevola this week since higgins breakeven is 92  and fevola is only 34 and their playing fremantle. i think higgins is done with rising in price. thoughts?

the eagle

i think u would be silly to trade higgins out at this point he may well become a keeper this year hes one of the most consitstant forwards this year.. maybe if he has a couple bad games in a row but for now i would hold off

Dees for the Draft

Yep, got to agree.

Higgins is a keeper.

Fev is the unknown, he's played one good game, but there's no guarantee he'll continue.

evawes1

Don't trade out Higgins. Why??

Hes averaging above Fevola, and much more consistent than him. He's averaging basically 100 in SC - Fevola only has such a low BE because hes being playing rubbish until last week, his price is down.

Screw the breakevens, they fluctuate all the time based on a bad round, I dont think hes done yet. A 100 average will be about $500k SC value. Even if he plays to 95-100, his price still has room to rise.

mt_williams22

I agree about keeping higgins.
But you cant rubbish Fev:
Rd 1 was 64
Rd 2 was 132
Rd 3 was 116 (kicking 4.7)
Rd 4 was 26 (kicking 1.4 against Sydney at the SCG)
Rd 5 was 90
Rd 6 was 144

Cant really say he's had one bad week, i would look at upgrading someone else to get him, especially since he plays freo and collingwood in the next 2 rds

Queenslander

mcpharlin can take fev

bjrouse

what about a higgins or krakoer trade to someone like Franklin. Much better than Fevola and he is now virtually the same price and these guys

Thoughts???

verda32

yeah i might upgrade j.Ziebell to fevola in the next week or two depending on fevola's price.thoughts?

bjrouse

i think fevola is way to inconsistant.
he will get you 150 one week and the have 2 weeks of sub 80.

Hondo71

ignore Fev at your peril this year i reckon

mt_williams22

Agree, just heard Tarrant will be playing on Fev.
Get him in and make in him your captain for sure.
He will come out firing after his miss against the Hawks!

Queenslander

i thought fev was beaten by tarrant in pre season, or was fev injured?

verda32

yeah  well fev has been very sore playin in the first 3-4 weeks and now i think his back to almost full fitness, he could be a SC goldmine as demonstrated last week.

brownmans muffins

higgins = keeper now
fev = always inconsistent but still worth the risk; i had him from the start
took fev over franklins as they both are up/down, but at least fev's price started "down". franklin's close to bottoming out.

verda32

called call mate but i think franklin will kick more goals than fevola therefore franklin being a better pick for SC teams