Who should get the most credit for Geelong's success over the last 4 years ?

Started by Milton, February 24, 2011, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

We've had a great 4 years at the Cattery .. and I know others played a big part in our success inc the late Alex Popescu etc but of the 6 main players directly involved who deserves the most credit ?

Fletch74

Bomber, but I am biased, and I want him to bring that success to the Bombers ;D

bomberboy0618

Milton

bunyip

It was a team effort. it's hard to say that one person was more important than another. They all had a roll to play, and did it well.

Milton

Of course they did .. that's why I said 'the most' credit .. not all of it

Alex7089

Very hard. We can hardly hand it all to GAJ, he might have been the best in that team but not the most important.
I will go with Thompson.

stewfoss

The team as a whole was a reflection of the coaching they were given

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Milton on February 24, 2011, 06:44:36 PM
Good point Bomberboy .. I just added Stephen Wells
yeah his a legend imo, read somewhere out of those drafts the cats have got something over 2000 games out of there picks or something.

Alex7089

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 24, 2011, 05:36:27 PM
that guy who ran the 99 and 01 draft picking.

+1 - you cant beat good recruiting but it is a admin/team effort these days to win a flag.
It's the little things... and I'm trying not to be cliche.

roo boys!

Bomber really did a great job coaching, and managed the team structure and tactics brilliantly.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on March 09, 2011, 01:58:28 AM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 24, 2011, 05:36:27 PM
that guy who ran the 99 and 01 draft picking.
+1 - you cant beat good recruiting but it is a admin/team effort these days to win a flag.
It's the little things... and I'm trying not to be cliche.
If I had read this thread earlier, I would of said the exact same thing! This guy recruited very well to have the players go onto the premierships. Without him, it's hard to see the Cats getting some of the key players they have.

Bomber did a top job as coach but they did give him time at the helm to show the goods 8). He's second for me.