Main Menu

NBA 2k11

Started by Andrew3737, February 23, 2011, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

I will be doing a "story" if you want to put it that way, of my single season draft on 2k11. It will be a fixed order draft.

Why I'm doing this:

1. I am bored as hell.

2. Give myself motivation to finish a season by 10minute Q's, 82 games.

3. I love drafts

4. I guess showing how to build a championship team/franchise. Some may know, and some may not, but I think some may learn a little bit from this. I'll randomize my own draft pick and show the options available for each round and explain each player's ups and downs etc etc.

I think this will be fun.

More to come.

Andrew3737

I have pick 15 and the top 5 are

1. Pau Gasol
2. Manu Ginobli
3. Josh Smith
4. Monta Ellis
5. Rudy Gay

Pau Gasol - 7ft centre/power forward and the current centre peice of the LA Lakers. Brilliant low post player and of course excellent rebounder. Every great Championship team had an elite big. He needs to dominate the low post. Very easy to build around.

Manu - Brilliant ball handler and shot taker. Worried about the other bigs disappearing if I pick Manu, as he is very hard to build around. Next time.

Josh Smith - Massive defensive presence. Big rebounder and shot blocker. Can easily anchor my defence. Not much of an offensive talent but he doesn't need to be. Too high for Josh Smith though.

Monta Ellis - See Manu.

Rudy Gay - Very good wingman. Can cover everywhere. However, he isn't elite enough in one department for me to take him this high for my first pick.

Decision: Pau Gasol

Was there any doubt? Best player to build around since all the elite players went in the top 5.

Andrew3737

2nd Round

Top 5

1.Iggy
2.Nash
3.Jackson
4.Gordon
5.Billups

Andre Iguodala - Very good shooter, explosive and dominate Shooting Guard. Many say he is Wade with a 3pt shot.

Nash - The best PG left. Pass before shoot type of PG.

Jackson - He is one that would be good if Iggy wasn't left. Same type of player as Iggy, just not as good.

Gordon - Brilliant shooter, good on the ball. Very nice shooting guard, but isn't as good as Iggy.

Billups - Strong PG. Can shoot, pass AND defend. Has it all.

Decision: I need a shooter and a clutch type of player to company Gasol. I really think taking a PG @ this stage is a waste. Many NBA Championship teams haven't had a an elite PG. Spurs had TP, Lakers had Derrick Fisher, Celtics had a very young Rondo. For this reason, I got with :
Andre Iguodala

Andrew3737

3rd round

1. Grant Hill
2. Zack Randolph
3. Kyle Lowry
4. Kirelinko
5 David Lee

Hill- Very good 3pt shooter, average defender. I need another shooter so he is def in the mix.

Randolph - Very good high post jump shooter. Although not much of a defender, which is why I elect to skip Zack here. I'm going to save my PF for a defender.

Lowry - Could be about time I take a PG. He cannot shoot though. Good passer and very quick. Good perimiter defender.

Kirelinko - Great defender, great shooter, great rebounder. SF spot could be Andrei's.

David Lee - Fantastic rebounder. Although, his defending is shandy, his dominance on the boards could be useful.

Decision: Andrei Kirelink ticks all the boxes. Great defender and shooter. Need him on the team.

Team so far

C: Pau Gasol
PF:
SF: Kirelinko
SG: Iggy
PG:

DazBurg

nice thought out team ur making

though would of been awesome to have Lee and Gasol

but with your explanation i understand why and u seem to be making a well balanced side ;)

wish i had this game :'(

Andrew3737

Round 4

1. Tracy McGrady
2. Elton Brand
3. Luis Scola
4. Kenyon Martin
5. Paul Millsapp

Tracy - I already have my SG. Pass

Brand - Good rebounder and post defence. Exactly what I need @ the 4.

Luis Scola - Terrible defender but good shooter. Still pass

Martin - Good rebounder and very good post defence. Also brings in some perimeter defence too.

Milsapp - Good pick and roll. No elite or very good PG, so pass on this.

Decision: I take Kenyon Martin over Brand, due to the fact he is a better defender and rebounder. Brand is a better shooter but I'm not lacking anything in that department.

PF: Martin
PG:

BratPack

Andrew3737

Quote from: DazBurg on February 23, 2011, 09:43:37 PM

but with your explanation i understand why and u seem to be making a well balanced side ;)

Yeah, I mean I would love to have Lee, but Gasol/Martin is a better fit on defence and offense for me then Gasol/Lee. Kirelinko/Iggy is also a lot better then Iggy/4th round SF.

It's a great game. You should pick it up.

Andrew3737

Round 5

1. Andre Miller
2. DJ Augustin
3. Reshard Lewis
4. Tayshaun Prince
5. Turkoglu

Miller - Hands down the best PG left and it's a no brainer to take him here. End of.

Andrew3737

Quote from: BratPack on February 23, 2011, 09:46:15 PM
1 for 4

Interesting. I would like to know how you would've built your team given the players I had.

Andrew3737

Round 6.

1. J.R Smith
2. Afaalo
3. Gibson
4. Bibby
5. Pietrus

Smith - Need a 6th man and this guy is just explosive. Pretty much a less good version of Iggy. Done and done.

PF: Martin
PG: Miller

6th J.R Smith.

Andrew3737

Quentin Richardson will be my 7th. Able to play the 2 and 3. Great shooter too. Him and JR coming off the bench will be a massive boost for me.

Andrew3737

My 8th is Joey Porby.

Massive guy that will rack the rebounds and give a presence in the key.

I will skip the rest, as they don't make as much as a difference as the first 8 players.

DazBurg

Quote from: Andrew3737 on February 23, 2011, 09:46:59 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on February 23, 2011, 09:43:37 PM

Yeah, I mean I would love to have Lee, but Gasol/Martin is a better fit on defence and offense for me then Gasol/Lee. Kirelinko/Iggy is also a lot better then Iggy/4th round SF.

It's a great game. You should pick it up.

probably would
but getting the new afl game
and my brother in law getting the new fight night
and we will probably get the new top spin

all coming out in the next month

well afl a month and one week

Andrew3737

Early favourites would be

Lakers with
Wade/Bosh/M.Gasol

Dallas with
Melo/Smith

New Jersey with
Dirk/Durant

Spurs with
Rose/Duncan

Thunder with
D-Will/G-Force

Hawks drafted LeBron but has drafted pretty poor. But still they are contenders because of James.

------------------------

New AFL game aye. Might have to check that out. Same with Fight Night.