Best team yet?

Started by gamble, February 21, 2011, 11:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamble

DEF: Goddard.B,  Gibbs.B,  Deledio.B,  Grimes.J,  Adcock.J,  Otten.A,  Heppell.D,  (Toy.J,  Duigan.N, Puopolo.P)

MID: Swan.D (C),  Montagna.L,  Bartel.J,  Rockliff.T,  Anthony.L,  Mzungu.T,  (Swallow.D,  Harris.D,  Wallis.M)

RUC: Cox.D,  Petrie.D,  (Smith.Z,  Derickx.T)

FWD: Chapman.P (VC),  Riewoldt.N,  Rioli.C,  Morton.M,  Zaharakis.D,  Knights.C,  Krakouer.A,  (Matera.B,
Smith.I,  Callinan.I)

700 Remaining

j959

don't know about best team yet, gamble - looking pretty standard, but not having a go at you for that - i reckon it's all in the bit between Rd1-20 (for overall) and then Rd20-24 for leagues ...

Backs - standard, no issues

Mids - strong, not sure on the 2 mid-pricer's this year due to the wealth of rookie talent available but not meaning to have a go at your structure - you've picked it for a reason and that's fine IMO

Rucks - wish i had the b*lls for Cox/Petrie but I don't - hope it works out for you (and not taking the p*ss either)

Fwds - ooh, you're taking a risk here IMO with the bottom 4 - no issues with the individual players, i just think personally i would risk the bottom 3 rather than 4 - but again it's up to you and the structure you pick ... i just think probability-wise, 2 out of those bottom 4 may not pan out as you'd hope but if it's any worse than that you could have 3 or 4 issues to fix up ...

good luck!

Plastic Boy

Quote from: j959 on February 21, 2011, 02:18:38 PM
don't know about best team yet, gamble - looking pretty standard, but not having a go at you for that - i reckon it's all in the bit between Rd1-20 (for overall) and then Rd20-24 for leagues ...

Backs - standard, no issues

Mids - strong, not sure on the 2 mid-pricer's this year due to the wealth of rookie talent available but not meaning to have a go at your structure - you've picked it for a reason and that's fine IMO

Rucks - wish i had the b*lls for Cox/Petrie but I don't - hope it works out for you (and not taking the p*ss either)

Fwds - ooh, you're taking a risk here IMO with the bottom 4 - no issues with the individual players, i just think personally i would risk the bottom 3 rather than 4 - but again it's up to you and the strucutre you pick ... i just think probability-wise, 2 out of those bottom 4 may not pan out as you'd hope but if it's any worse than that you could have 3 or 4 issues to fix up ...

good luck!

FWD line is ballsy... one week could do well, next week could be an absolute flop!!!

gamble

thanks for the words of advice, yeah i agree with what youve said actually just not really sure what i should do from here, what are some suggestions of changes you think i should make to improve?

j959

Quote from: gamble on February 21, 2011, 10:36:33 PM
thanks for the words of advice, yeah i agree with what youve said actually just not really sure what i should do from here, what are some suggestions of changes you think i should make to improve?
my suggestion would be to downgrade Rockliff (Lions will struggle this year anyway) to bargain basement rook - you've got D Swallow and Harris to fall back on anyway.

hopefully that gives you enough cash to upgrade one of your bottom four fwds into a premo/fallen premo or decent mid-pricer with potential upside/improvement