Main Menu

Where does Travis Cloke rate?

Started by ossie85, February 17, 2011, 10:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Cloke is assured CHF All Australian. Anyone who thinks that Franklin will be is surely mistaken. :P

PowerBug

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on July 25, 2011, 07:27:22 PM
Cloke is assured CHF All Australian. Anyone who thinks that Franklin will be is surely mistaken. :P
I hope Cloke gets it over Franklin, but i'm not on the commitee.

pyronerd

surely Buddy and Cloke should take the AA spots, would take both of them over Jroo easily

PowerBug

Quote from: pyronerd on July 25, 2011, 08:09:35 PM
surely Buddy and Cloke should take the AA spots, would take both of them over Jroo easily
Unfortunately JRoo has kicked 50 goals to Cloke 45. Bear in mind the bye.

ossie85

Scott Cummings won the Coleman Medal (comfortably) and was left out of the All-Aus team. Not unprecedented.

8-6 Suited

AA isn't about how many goals you get if you do nothing else like JRoo. Cloke is assured it due to breaking the record for contested marks, his goal kicking and the presence he demands when on the field which is unlike any other CHF.

PowerBug

Well, as long as he makes the squad for potentially premiership winning efforts.

roo boys!

I rate Petrie higher than any other player in the AFL, but I'm not bias at all ;)

Nah I don't actually, and besides, Petrie is more FF.

Cloke is right up there this season.

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on July 26, 2011, 12:20:25 PM

Scott Cummings won the Coleman Medal (comfortably) and was left out of the All-Aus team. Not unprecedented.
Fraser Gehrig won the coleman in '05 and was left out also (although he only won it by 2 goals)

PowerBug

Unfortunately there is only 2, possibly 3 spots available for key Forwards, and there's lots that believe they are a chance of getting.

AFEV

Speaking of Travis does he want a week of given all our key backs are doing the same? 0:-)

ossie85

Hey, we gave Dawes a week off! And Dids. Probably Daisy

Cruiseon

On Cloke's current run I'd suggest its probably best he doesn't flirt with form.

Just keep on rolling.

PowerBug

I'm sure if you asked him he'd want to keep playing with his form. So why bench him.

ossie85

Do I dare dream of a Coleman medal?

Current Top 4:

Lance Franklin 51
To come: North (bag), Power (bag), Blues (tough), Dogs (tough), Suns (bag)

Jack Riewoldt 50
To come: Eagles (tough), Swans (tough), Demons (tough), Crows (bag), Roos (tough)

Travis Cloke 48
To come: Power (bag), Saints (tough), Lions (bag), Dockers (tough), Cats (tough)

Andrew Walker 46
To come: Demons (bag), Dockers (tough), Hawks (tough), bye, Saints (tough)

If Walker wins I'll be very upset.

Cloke will have to get a 6 at least this week to have any chance of getting Buddy you'd think