Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footy God

2138, okay score I guess but really should have done better.

my team for round 3:
Goddard, Broughton, Lids, Grimes, Gibbs, Otten, Lower (Stanley (E), Toy, Duigan)
Swan (C), Boyd (VC), Montagna, Bartel, Harris, Swallow (Savage, Bewick, Heppel)
Franklin, Riewoldt, Stevie J, Higgins, Knights, Krak, Tapscott (Darling, Richardson, Matera)

Players in bold could potentially be traded
Broughton been disappointing but ill keep him. A trade to Gram/Enright is tempting though.
Savage/Swallow to Libba/Curnow. Poor rookie selection error.

Also it looks like not getting Pendles was a mistake, looks like ill be paying alot for him come round 8 when I pick him up.

Trade or not to trade? If Savage is dropped should I pick up Curnow?

Chopps

I guess is it realistic to trade foley and to who got no cash well 6 k
down to a mid rookie who isn't swallow. Krak. Harris or libba

other player I am uneasy on is Dan Connor starting to think that might of been shower decision

Spite

Broughton to Deledio? Thoughts?
I'm not really tempted by it. But thought I would put it out there.

@Chopps
I would trade connors out, he appears to be playing a different role and it is effecting his scores significantly...

Flame

I wouldn't do it Spite..It was only last week dids was being called a spud!!

Fenno

whats with all the trade talk we are 2 rounds into the season people. do't go chasing players just because a certain rookie is averaging a tiny bit more than another or your premium player has had an ave week. Have some faith people. I have Foley and as much as the guy is pissing me off im not going to get rid of him because I have faith he will get his shower together. I also missed out on Curnow and Tapscott and im not going to trade rookie for rookie just because Curnow may make me an extra 50k and Tapscott the same. A trade is worth more than 50k people if your rookies are playing have faith in them they may not be as good as another rookie but is it really worth wasting a trade for?

Chopps

not gonna trade for the sake of just getting opionons.

connor is he capable of a 85 - 90? (i am regreting thinking this is a good idea, other options were going to be broughton or grimes) which of the three grimes looks better but i didnt pick him based on injuries.

foley, should i bench him? got harris swallow and libba to come onto the field. issue i have is he is likely to lose cash yea? which is the opposite reason for me having him in my side BE if i am reading it right out of FF is 98 (i realise its an indication but dont think he will break that)

chatters24

Quote from: Chopps on April 04, 2011, 08:22:19 AM
not gonna trade for the sake of just getting opionons.

connor is he capable of a 85 - 90? (i am regreting thinking this is a good idea, other options were going to be broughton or grimes) which of the three grimes looks better but i didnt pick him based on injuries.

foley, should i bench him? got harris swallow and libba to come onto the field. issue i have is he is likely to lose cash yea? which is the opposite reason for me having him in my side BE if i am reading it right out of FF is 98 (i realise its an indication but dont think he will break that)

I don't mean to sound cynical at all Chopps but if you didn't pick Grimes based on his previous injuries then why did you decide to go with Foley who has an even worse history with injuries??

Chopps

probably should make that clearer. i decided i would take 4 mid to high risks, petrie, knights, foley & connors (connors is a risk to me as i thought he could maintain his avg from the games he playerd last year but wasnt 100% on that

grimes however didnt fit in when i already wanted to take the risk on connors. (starting to wonder my thought process on this decision

Mish

Good work all, another strong performances with no one getting under 2k!
Kudos to Andy, Damon & Chris for getting over 2.2k!! unlucky dane! all you needed was a mark and a kick! haha.

Mish

it sucks fan footy doesnt let you attach higher resolution pics?

Fenno

Foley will go down in price this week but start to go back up the week after. His first rd score only last for 1 price change even if he continues his poor scores he won't loose any value overall. But I think you will start to see 80s from him so why not keep him even if he does only score his 50 odd points not like your loosing anything.

Mish

Quote from: Fenno on April 04, 2011, 12:22:08 PM
Foley will go down in price this week but start to go back up the week after. His first rd score only last for 1 price change even if he continues his poor scores he won't loose any value overall. But I think you will start to see 80s from him so why not keep him even if he does only score his 50 odd points not like your loosing anything.

i think everyone is just in a rush to make a few bucks. me... im sitting on the sidelines watching other peoples trading frenzie and trying to justify why they need to trade so soon. very few are good justifications.

Fenno

Agreed Mish. Most people justification is we have 4 more trades this year. Pretty much every year I wish I had 4 more trades and thats without wasting any so now I have that 4 more trades im not going to go wasting them. Would rather have 1 or 2 trades left over at the end of the year (highly unlikely) than be copping 1 or 2 0s at the end of the year.

Chopps

Ok so foley will make me money by Rd 11 which is what I wanted how ever is he scoring enough to be on field over Harris, swallow or libba

What's your thoughts on Connors scoring had a 72 on the weekend and a sub affected 24 in rd 1

Mish

Quote from: Fenno on April 04, 2011, 01:01:50 PM
Agreed Mish. Most people justification is we have 4 more trades this year. Pretty much every year I wish I had 4 more trades and thats without wasting any so now I have that 4 more trades im not going to go wasting them. Would rather have 1 or 2 trades left over at the end of the year (highly unlikely) than be copping 1 or 2 0s at the end of the year.

+1