Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

if he was a high ranking in 4 then probably ok

GM

Plenty higher Chopps, so where's the integrity here.
We are still 3 short,how is 1 & 2 travelling numbers wise?

Grazz

Champs 2 have 4 guys refusing to answer multiple PM's about joining.  :(
J959
scratchy
bundyboy
youl_R_Fck

GM

Disappointing Grazz,j959 has a supercoach thread called Tragics,is it happening?
To me Grazz,you put your name down & you stick with it.Leaving for a better offer lets down a number  of people.
The hardest thing here, FF Champs  leagues obviously try to keep coaches together from previous years,but people leave for numerous reasons.Maybe they come back at the death,who knows.But in the end it holds up coaches and other leagues.
Something to look at next year!Maybe seperate threads for each FF Champs with individuals in charge to take ownership & recruit.
Maybe that already happens.Now we have a situation where most regulars have committed to 5 leagues.
I am probably like you Grazz , just want things to run smoothly.

Grazz

We run seperate threads already mate so shouldnt be an issue but yeh it makes things very difficult when people refuse to confirm or deny joining when theyve commited to the league in the thread, you do your best to get them highly competetive leagues and then your left hanging. I wont be waiting till the last minute for them to join i'll be replacing them soon as ive made a commitment to those that have joined that it will be a quality league and i need to follow through with that for their sake. It takes nothing but a few minutes to check into FF and reply to a PM so i dont get it. Its very annoying tbh.

GM

The PM's are another issue where obviously some people get sick of receiving them from people they don't know or care for.
But a tip for them would be to respond with an answer and they might stop.
That might even be the correct and right thing to do!

Must be a full green moon mate,i'm on a roll today.

Chopps

other option is make it more exclusive which generally creates more demand, problem with the other champs leagues is there is no cap to how many leagues or create the want to be in a higher one, promotion on yearly basis. only issue with this is if you are good and start in a lower one it'd take ages to get to the champs league which imo and a biased opinion is freaking sweeeeeeeet :D

Grazz

Quote from: Chopps on February 09, 2013, 04:39:32 PM
other option is make it more exclusive which generally creates more demand, problem with the other champs leagues is there is no cap to how many leagues or create the want to be in a higher one, promotion on yearly basis. only issue with this is if you are good and start in a lower one it'd take ages to get to the champs league which imo and a biased opinion is freaking sweeeeeeeet :D

It may well need to be in the future Chopps, i was kindly invited by Windi last year to join Champs 1 but stayed with Champs 2 out of loyalty to be honest. Another option which i see as fairer is for the title of 1 2 3 4 go to the various leagues in order of finish ie whoever out of the four leagues ranks the highest gets the #1 then whoever is 2nd gets #2 and so on and so on. This way you can remain loyal to your league and those that organise them can build a strong league over time via recruiting each new season if they choose. Hows that sound.

GM

You've done this before mate.
Maybe a time frame to enter league ie.48 hrs,and have that boldly written on the initial thread.

Grazz

Quote from: greenmoon on February 09, 2013, 05:14:50 PM
You've done this before mate.
Maybe a time frame to enter league ie.48 hrs,and have that boldly written on the initial thread.

Time frames such as 48 hours are to harsh, alot of people holiday this time of year, some work in the mining industry with no internet etc, theres a multitude of reasons why people may not be able to join in 48 hours. I think 2-3 weeks from opening date is fair and for those that are coming on but not replying, well that should be up to the league organiser to decide if they will turf them sooner and take another coach. What they dont realise is they are ignoring everyone who has joined not just the organiser of the league they are snubbing all involved. I have a book i use because i organise so many coaches into leagues that i need a book haha, those that choose to just not reply ever get written down and i wont except them again in any league i control. If a guy gets back to me and says sorry i was ill' or i was away or whatever thats fine but if they never reply then get stuffed im not here to waste my time with them, so never again, that simple.

GM

Yeah the 48hrs was a bad example, but if everyone knows up front ,they will either log in,let you know they cant and when they can or not respond and be moved aside.
Do you run a book on all sports.Ha ha even darts. :)

Grazz

Nuh just the leagues i run in FF, if i ran a book about darts i would of burnt it by now. :P

Justin Bieber

Why are you guys discussing on our thread!? You guys are keen to join Champs 1 ;)

Grazz

Quote from: whatlez on February 09, 2013, 08:46:53 PM
Why are you guys discussing on our thread!? You guys are keen to join Champs 1 ;)

Not sure tbh mate, just started chatting here and it stayed here. Sorry i'll go away now. :P

Chopps

grazz dont listen to whatlez :D

its about champs leagues in the champs league forum all relevant