Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

if i trade Foley to Libba i can then upgrade any of my Fwd rookies (Darling Dixion, Richardson, Krak, Matera) to Chris Dawes.
Effectively this will give me an extra 50-130 points each rd, with one upgrade done!

Whats everyones thoughts?

Fenno

I can see Foley pushing his average up in the next few week to the same as Libbas and can't see Dawes keeping his current average up. so to be honest I think all you would be gaining is 20-50 each round and have 2 less trades

maanco

why dont you think Dawes can keep up his current form? even if he doesnt he will surely avg 90+ over the rest of the season.

i have to trade foley sooner or later any way.

maanco

also i may have used 2 trades but i also now have a Premium fwd which Foley could never be (a Premium mid) this season

Fenno

Dawes has played port and NM 2 teams that will be at the lower end of the ladder. Hey I may be wrong but can only see him averaging between 80-90ish at best. I have Foley and im keeping him he will dip in value this week but go back up after that even if he continues his poor 50 odd point scores you won't loose any value and he doesn't have a bye till rd11. Im actually loving that everyone is trading him because at worst he stays around the same price averaging his 50s and I miss out on a Rookie. But he could easily start averaging 80pts+ and heading towards 300k and I save a trade.

Chopps

I am in two minds about trading now it's why I have supercoach team so I can burn trades there and not in dt.
Part of me thinks nows your chance to fix the wrongs but are they really that bad it's only two games, so far it looks like I only really missed out on Heppel and curnow

Ahhh the joys Of dt

My current issue is Connors and foley, I ll hold Connors, thinking offload foley to one of curnow and hePpel so much doubt though

maanco

but, do you(we) really need that extra trade.

i have 5-8 trades after all upgrades, which i think is enough.

i'm really only looking to get rid of Foley but if i can get a premium as well its just a bonus.
even if Dawes only avg 80-90 thats still good for a 5th-7th Fwd

maanco

Quote from: Chopps on April 05, 2011, 12:09:32 PM
I am in two minds about trading now it's why I have supercoach team so I can burn trades there and not in dt.
Part of me thinks nows your chance to fix the wrongs but are they really that bad it's only two games, so far it looks like I only really missed out on Heppel and curnow

Ahhh the joys Of dt

My current issue is Connors and foley, I ll hold Connors, thinking offload foley to one of curnow and heppel so much doubt though

i missed both Heppel and curnow as well as tapscott, and libba. sadly! i almost took tap but decided that Dixion's JS was better.

i also think its the time to fix the wrongs, but are they wrongs?

Fenno

Make your own decision but how often at the end of the year you wish you had 4 extra trades and now they are here why waste them.

maanco

Fenno our wishes were granted and we did get an extra 4 trades (with an extra 2 rds) ;)

but seriously if Dawes does pull off becoming a premium i don't actually waste any trades i just use them ealier than expected.

Mish

i dont have foley, but if i did i wouldnt be trading him... he can easily average you 80+ and also it seems that all the foley owners are forgetting that richmond played 2 top sides and collingwood played 2 off the most likely bottom 4 sides.

people really need to learn to just relax a few weeks and dont judge someone on a couple of performances...

i was reading a few threads yesterday about people wanting to trade swallow coz he got 61 and his team got smashed!

a. he was playing one on one with judd all game! did verrryyy well against the brownlow medalist.
b. his team got smashed and wont get killed that badly every game.
c. his ONLY PLAYED ONE GAME!!!

i recon a lot of people dont even watch the games before or do any research what so ever before deciding to make a trade.

this is like the share market, if you buy a stock without knowing much about it you will almost certainly lose and your gambling. if you do enough research you probs would never have bought that particular share.

maanco

very true mish but, i still want to trade foley out for Dawes if it works it will be great. still got a few days to decide.

it could also work out to be a bit of a sideways trade

Chopps

so after way to much thinking about the foley situation i am in the not gonna trade him boat.

he has good stats against his next 4 teams apart from North Melb, gastro effected first two rounds i would imagine, if i had known that would of benched him but oh well

what is the expected price increase you would want from foley before rd 11?
Curnow has a bad game against the Pies is he out of the side?

Spite

A lot to read but got through it :)

Maanco, if Dawes becomes a premium, you will be hailed as a genius. If he doesn't, that's two trades gone and you will have problems. Weigh up the pro's and cons. I honestly can't help you because I am not sure myself, but two trades down the drain doesn't appeal to me very much at all.
Fenno is pretty much spot on with what you have said, except we do have 4 extra trades, so there is no problem using 1 of them up for a risk/getting a rookie. You keep saying 'how often at the end of the year you wish you had 4 extra trades'. I never have? I still don't understand this? I end the year with a premium team, no zero's, sometimes no bench cover in some positions. But my premiums are outscored by other premiums so I don't win. But I never need 4 extra trades, that's tons. 2 at most. But thats 2 extra to spend on sideways trades all season, you dont want to use them up so early just in case. So maybe hold onto them longer, unless you are super super determined to get in Dawes/a rookie etc.
My 'you' changed from 'fenno' to 'maanco' halfway through that paragraph :)

For me, I need to go atley to curnow otherwise I will have to start atley in round 4... no thanks.
(That's as long as curnow is named this week)
On the plus side, curnow is expected to raise around 70k, along with libba.

Just thought of another option for you maanco. Hold foley and use him while you can. When Jack Riewoldt drops his 90-110k because of his zero, you will be able to downgrade foley to a rookie and a rookie up to jack riewoldt.
And you only have to wait two or three more weeks?
Riewoldt > Dawes?

Mish

with foley im not sure how he will do the next couple of games as he is playing hawks and collingwood, however i think you will see a sharp increase in price as they are then playing kangas and brisbane... once foley gets some form he will hit 80's on a regular basis. by round 11 i think he will get to over $330k

with curnow he could get dropped any game, even when he does well... its been known to happy to many rookies... i have a few issues with getting curnow because even after he played well the first game he still started on the side and listed as interchange. and with libratore he has a few good midfielders waiting for him to have an average game so they can get in the side.

spite - the 4 extra trades were given due to the 2 extra rounds being played this season. i think trades will be more important than ever during the multi bye rounds.