Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

Quote from: Chopps on April 04, 2011, 09:16:26 AM
probably should make that clearer. i decided i would take 4 mid to high risks, petrie, knights, foley & connors (connors is a risk to me as i thought he could maintain his avg from the games he playerd last year but wasnt 100% on that

grimes however didnt fit in when i already wanted to take the risk on connors. (starting to wonder my thought process on this decision

I hate mid pricers, hence only taking the one this year in Knights, and even that leaves me slightly uncomfortable.

yarkis

Hey Guys. Well with scores of 2062 & 2102 to start the year resulting in 2 losses I will cop that to actually be in a competitive league. Looking at 2 trades this week (as always after 2 rounds) Looking at Conca out for Curnow for monetary reasons and Buckley out for Heppell for monetary but more so job security. If only I could put the right rookies on the ground LOL.

Flame

Quote from: yarkis on April 04, 2011, 03:19:43 PM
Hey Guys. Well with scores of 2062 & 2102 to start the year resulting in 2 losses I will cop that to actually be in a competitive league. Looking at 2 trades this week (as always after 2 rounds) Looking at Conca out for Curnow for monetary reasons and Buckley out for Heppell for monetary but more so job security. If only I could put the right rookies on the ground LOL.
Well played Yarkis..unlucky to lose with such a good score!!

Mish

is curnow really better than conca though? he doesnt have a bye until round 11 and has better JS than curnow does imo.
but very unlucky with the win/loss ration, im on the same boat as well.. no wins and similar scores to you.

Windigo

No stupid trades. I don't have Curnow and I'm not looking to get him in.

Chopps

What trade apart from LTI isn't stupid (this is a serious question)

Slap

Quote from: Chopps on April 04, 2011, 05:35:51 PM
What trade apart from LTI isn't stupid (this is a serious question)
I have a rule, to pocket at least 100k or injury. 

chrisuzz

Sorry guys im letting use all down at the moment, if anyone thinks they can improve my team take a look at it in the rate my team section, cheers

Footy God

2138, okay score I guess but really should have done better.

my team for round 3:
Goddard, Broughton, Lids, Grimes, Gibbs, Otten, Lower (Stanley (E), Toy, Duigan)
Swan (C), Boyd (VC), Montagna, Bartel, Harris, Swallow (Savage, Bewick, Heppel)
Franklin, Riewoldt, Stevie J, Higgins, Knights, Krak, Tapscott (Darling, Richardson, Matera)

Players in bold could potentially be traded
Broughton been disappointing but ill keep him. A trade to Gram/Enright is tempting though.
Savage/Swallow to Libba/Curnow. Poor rookie selection error.

Also it looks like not getting Pendles was a mistake, looks like ill be paying alot for him come round 8 when I pick him up.

Trade or not to trade? If Savage is dropped should I pick up Curnow? Libba is not an option as ill have one short i nthe bulldogs/brisbane bye

Spite

Haha i think I am a DT curse, I keep winning by like under 10 points :)

Keep Foley, Fenno has some outstanding points.

I am reaaaallly not sure on connors (I don't have him). I would strongly consider getting rid of him for enright or grimes. He is set for a major price fall but the point is, will he be in the top 10 backman at seasons end? If not, it's a waste paying 383k for him. Up to you.

Chopps

Quote from: Spite on April 04, 2011, 07:32:57 PM
Haha i think I am a DT curse, I keep winning by like under 10 points :)

Keep Foley, Fenno has some outstanding points.

I am reaaaallly not sure on connors (I don't have him). I would strongly consider getting rid of him for enright or grimes. He is set for a major price fall but the point is, will he be in the top 10 backman at seasons end? If not, it's a waste paying 383k for him. Up to you.

thats what i am trying to figure out i dunno if he will be top 10 now , either option isnt an issue ahhhhhhh why am i considering trades stupid price changes

maanco

if i trade foley to Libba i will get over $125,000 for a player that will avg about the same. will also make me more $$$.

Mish

Quote from: maanco on April 04, 2011, 09:25:32 PM
if i trade foley to Libba i will get over $125,000 for a player that will avg about the same. will also make me more $$$.

cept foleys JS is much better, if libba stuffs up one game he could be out.. as doggies have a fair few players right on his back.

Holz

Quote from: Fenno on April 04, 2011, 12:29:47 AM
whats with all the trade talk we are 2 rounds into the season people. do't go chasing players just because a certain rookie is averaging a tiny bit more than another or your premium player has had an ave week. Have some faith people. I have Foley and as much as the guy is pissing me off im not going to get rid of him because I have faith he will get his shower together. I also missed out on Curnow and Tapscott and im not going to trade rookie for rookie just because Curnow may make me an extra 50k and Tapscott the same. A trade is worth more than 50k people if your rookies are playing have faith in them they may not be as good as another rookie but is it really worth wasting a trade for?

i understand your points im personally not planning on trading foley to a rookie but ward. I can see a rookie change could generate more than a 50k difference. The problem i have most years is that i do heaps of downgrades and end up with dud rookies, as most of the good ones play early. With the byes this year you really need a solid bench so im hoping guys like liba could turn into potential 7th/ 8th men and be great covers for when my stars are out.

for me my plan is to go foley to ward and atley to cunrow. i only plan on keeping them a short while as i want them to generate money really early and drop them to get a gun midfield to carry my team from about round 10 onwards.

Chopps

ok so i am on again off again with foley,

1. Keep him as he will get better and rise on value before his rd 11 bye
2. trade him to curnow, Heppel or someone as i have plenty of cover in harris,swallow and a lil less in libba
current midfield is Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Montanga, Foley, Krak, <Harris, Swallow & Libba>

eitherway foley is out or on the bench this week his scores in the mid combined with another bad game ie, Krak Sub is killing me