Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

rocky a bit down all good can repay the love next week with a 140

Windigo

Great work from Pavlich.

Proved all the doubters wrong with a sterling performance which will hopefully see him back to his damaging consistent best.

Looking good fellas:

1024/9. Captain played.  8)

WhiteX as my unique tonight.  ;)

Holz

839/9 thats a pretty good effort consdering thats already counting the sandi donut.

4 tons, 94,85,66  cant be unahppy with that, it all comes down to how the GWS boys do I have 5 playing this week.

Chopps

currently sitting on 1214 from 11 with captain played

Windigo

Quote from: Chopps on May 06, 2012, 12:59:19 AM
currently sitting on 1214 from 11 with captain played

I'm around that mark as well.

Kade will bring it today I reckon.  8)

Chopps

i am interested to why Kade is apart of your master plan.

still do not understand how to get through the byes with minimal impact and not waste all my trades

Windigo

Quote from: Chopps on May 06, 2012, 10:25:54 AM
i am interested to why Kade is apart of your master plan.

still do not understand how to get through the byes with minimal impact and not waste all my trades

Well last years winner traded hard at the start and got as many high scoring players possible, as soon as possible.

Kade is having his best season ever and will never be tagged and racks up more marks than Murphy and looks a great unique. Pavlich at his price was an no brainer and I had to get him over Beams.

Now I've got myself hopefully two decent scorers for the rest of the year and I'm 120k up.

This week I'm getting Heppell. Then I'll sit tight until bye time with only:

Bugg, Giles, Horse/J-mac & Treloar/Kennedy playing as rookies.  8)

Chopps

trade early is my plan worked very well for me last year.

something you may be able to help me with windigo, i dont see a clear way to get through the byes and need to work it out so i have a trade plan to some degree. any help is appreciated.

current structure 12/8/10
how many upgrades do you think i need to do ? i count 6 (two defenders, two midfielders a ruck and a forward)
how do i get through the byes with minimal impact?
i dont mind holzmans idea of small upgrades, but that will burn the trades and essentially sideways but if it avoids a 0 and gets an even better player into your team then that is a win

Defenders
Rd 11: Waters, Hargrave & Bugg 
Rd 12: Shaw & Clarke
Rd 13: Goddard, Deledio, Morris & Ellis

Mids
Rd 11: Rockliffe, Greene, Jmac & Shiel
Rd 12: Swan, Selwood & Magner
Rd 13: Murphy

Rucks
Rd 11: Cox & Giles
Rd 12: Stephenson
Rd 13: Redden

Forwards
Rd 11: Dangerfield, Kennedy & treloar
Rd 12: Sidebottom & Beams
Rd 13: Buddy, Martin, Robinson & Milera

Windigo

Hm, I think sideways trading is the most easiest method of dealing with the byes, but it will leave you with perhaps no trades or very few for finals.

Well think about it, hypothetically you use all 3 trades every week in the bye rounds.

That 9 used up. What I was thinking of doing is getting a heap of last bye round players and then sideways them out to other players.

There is no real fool proof way of getting out of this alive, so to speak....At least I don't think so.

I'm just going to assemble my team, keeping some kind of structure and then cross that bridge when I come to it.  8)

chrisuzz

Round 11

Defence -  Bugg, Mohr
Midfield - T.Greene, Shiel, C.Smith
Ruck - Giles, HMac
Forward - Treolar, Hampton, Dickson

Round 12

Defence - M.Clarke, Broughton, Grimes
Midfield - Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Magner, Barlow
Rucks - Sandi, O.Stephenson
Forwards - Sidebottom, Zaharakis

Round 13
Defence - Suckling, Conca, Ellis, Goddard
Midfield - N/A
Rucks - N/A
Forwards - Franklin, Martin, Riewoldt

This is my team as it is, i didnt make it with any thoughts about byes as you can see...

So Midefield upgrades will be from a Round 13 team (Ablett, Murphy, Simpson) or maybe round 11 depending on who i trade out (Thompson, Rockliff, Boyd)

Upgrades for my forwars/defence line will need to come from round 11 sides where i have the least players affected by byes

Of course i am going to cop donuts at one point...

Windigo

I'll post up my team after this round with my two new trades.

Looking good.  ;)

Justin Bieber

Simpson has been racking it up recently.

Windigo

Quote from: whatlez on May 06, 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Simpson has been racking it up recently.

...Or really. Loving my choice of going him instead of Murphy.

50 point QTR.  8)

Justin Bieber

Spite

Going to drop again :( Had a bad week. Rocky, selwood out, kennedy, scotland average, birchall, boyd, christensen... too many underporforming players not including bugg, magner and giles like everyone else :/

Should just make 2k, but nothing more :(

magner to horse this week... like everybody else... probably mccarthy to mitchell this week unless mccarthy can crack the ton.