Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I think I'm 1012 in rankings?

A bit of luck goes a long way. I'd love to have the two weeks when I had Redden (640 and Swallow (89) had them as captain and thats when Boyd bused the 140+.

So luck plays a pretty big role in DT.

Grazz

Quote from: chatters24 on August 31, 2011, 11:58:31 AM
If spots do become available there won't be many. I'm sure no one would really want to leave the league, but I'm sure there's plenty who would like to be involved in it!
Absolutely like to get involved if you end up with a space.

Spite

Good idea's people, especially the over 'x' amount of post count and ranking, I like it.

I think this years rankings were skewed because of the bye and did not give a true indication of DT skills. This is my 6th or 7th year of DT with the last 3 seasons all a top 2k finish (and 2 top 1k finishes) and since my 2nd year I have never been out of the top 5k. This year I am currently 8k :O (Although my 'fun' team as I mentioned before is ranked less than 2k currently)

I'd like to get the league into the top 20, and we have the potential (as you can see we, are around 30th at the moment). However, I also believe as Fenno stated before, keeping the bulk of us together would be better and maybe we should only remove those who are not active in the forum at all, and those who are not active in this thread and didn't do so well.

Summary: Retain as many people as we can from this league, keep regular posters and high ranked players. Posting and ranking are equally important. Remove those that fail the above 2 conditions.

Good luck for the last week everyone!

Chopps

we are averaging as a league this year 15 points less then what we needed to be 20th or above, i dont think mass changes are needed but we need to confirm who is back in and who is gonna go the distance.

Windigo

QuoteSummary: Retain as many people as we can from this league, keep regular posters and high ranked players. Posting and ranking are equally important. Remove those that fail the above 2 conditions.

I think we did that a bit wrong as the start of this year. A few people just thought it would be just "another league."

Should be filled with regular posters, not just 'your in' because of last years rank. IMO, consistent posting outweighs ranking...To a degree.  ;)

chatters24

Quote from: Windigo on September 01, 2011, 04:59:23 PM
QuoteSummary: Retain as many people as we can from this league, keep regular posters and high ranked players. Posting and ranking are equally important. Remove those that fail the above 2 conditions.

I think we did that a bit wrong as the start of this year. A few people just thought it would be just "another league."

Should be filled with regular posters, not just 'your in' because of last years rank. IMO, consistent posting outweighs ranking...To a degree.  ;)

I would back that the knowledge and quality of team building ability of the regular FF poster would be good enough to get ourselves into the top 20. Luck goes a long way!

Chopps

well done right to bear arms

Flame

Quote from: Chopps on September 04, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
Congrats..Great DT achievement!!

Fenno

Holz

Quote from: Fenno on September 04, 2011, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: Flame on September 04, 2011, 08:29:39 PM
Quote from: Chopps on September 04, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
Congrats..Great DT achievement!!
Yep well done

came from nowhere to win the title, to win from 7th is extremely impressive.

Flame

Hey guys..lets all sign up for Champs League next year..Was easily the best league I was in!!

Fenno

Same best league I was in aswell.

Spite

Me too, congrats right to bear arms!

Also guys:
Top 10 threads by response

From the Pavilion
Trade Market Trends
Word Association
Soccer Manager - FanFooty Cup
Soccer Manager: Australian Championship 330 Banter
Youth Pulls
Pops and plops
Fanfooty AFL draft
Guess Who?
FF Champs League

Yes, we have cracked the top 10 of all time!!!

Windigo

....So is Thornz gunna post here.  :P

Chopps

i am keen for 2012 i think i can take it up a notch, can see straight forward mistakes i made this year by the numbers