Main Menu

FF Champs League

Started by Mish, February 16, 2011, 10:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: Fenno on March 30, 2011, 12:24:07 AM
If people are thinking about trading now their is not a chance in hell that our league will be as high in the rankings as it is now by years end. Think about it this way would you rather cop a score of 50 now or cop 0s at the end of the year. Surely everyone knows that you NEVER trade a premium unless its a LTI.

I hope you read all of the for's and against before stating that. We are all clearly in this league because we are all top DT'ers. I know how to play this game too and a trade now doesn't mean you will get a zero later. For all you know, we will have 4 trades that we won't have used by seasons end because we miscalculated because of the byes. If selwood starts on the bench, this week, it is NOT worth keeping him, purely for the reason that he may start as a sub.
I'll say it again, so i know people at least read it one more time. If selwood is a sub, he will drop around 80-100k due to two low scores. Pendlebury will rise probably around 30-40k. Therefore the trade will gain me 110-140k and points = not bad for a trade. Selwood will then come back into my side later and I will have a premium midfield of Swan, montagna, boyd, pendlebury, selwood. Sure I might be one trade behind you but i'll be up on ranking and points and that will hardly cost me multiple zeros at the end of the season.

Holz

Quote from: Fenno on March 30, 2011, 12:24:07 AM
If people are thinking about trading now their is not a chance in hell that our league will be as high in the rankings as it is now by years end. Think about it this way would you rather cop a score of 50 now or cop 0s at the end of the year. Surely everyone knows that you NEVER trade a premium unless its a LTI.

if you knew selwood would be a sub i would be tempted to trade him out, i dont think many people have selwood in this league so we should be looking at trading him in early. If he is a sub and gets a sub 40 score he will go down over 100k and i only make a trade like this if it makes me 100k.

Fenno

I highly doubt Selwood would go over and just play a half of footy. Would say he would play a full game or no game.

Oh and Spite do what you want with your team but Selwoods rd1 score will only count in 1 price change. I would put money on if you make the trade come the end of the year when you have no trades left you wish you hadn't of done it.

A premium is a premium his price shouldn't matter if your keeping them the whole year and Trades are like gold. So basicly your saying your trades are worth only 50k because selwoods score only counts for 1 price change 100k max if he has another ave game. Does this mean you trade your rooks before they have even made 100k.

I won the FF elite league last year and this didn't happen by making stupid early trades.

Im just saying Value your trades.

Spite

I don't see where you got 50k from? If Pendlebury goes up 40k and selwood goes down 100k, I make 140k, not half of it?
If one of my rookies got up to 230k, I would possibly trade them out. I said I wasn't entirely happy with 140k, but I would take it. 
Winning a league doesn't mean anything to me because you play it totally different than overall. You were in a league of people trying to go for highest overall ranking, not a league win. I have made final 64 in the eliminator and I didn't lose because I ran out of trades either.

People don't seem to understand that this year is totally different than all the other years. We have MORE money (equals more starting premiums) and MORE trades. We can get a full premium team quicker and pump out higher scores more often. I have 15-16 premiums at the moment. I only need 7 = 14 trades to get a full team. That leaves me 10 for injury/cover for byes. Every other year is has been 11-13 premiums, meaning 9 upgrades = 18 trades and 2 for injuries. It is really a different game this year and no one really knows best.

I know last season that the winner of SC went the last 5 or so rounds with no trades and still won.

Obviously if Selwood is named on the field, I will keep him regardless of his price change. It's just weighing up the risk of whether he could be subbed and get a sub 40 score again. Again, no one really knows.

"If people are thinking about trading now their is not a chance in hell that our league will be as high in the rankings as it is now by years end."

This was a very harsh statement and I do not believe it to be true at all.

"Im just saying Value your trades."

This is a much fairer statement and I do know this to be true. :)

Holz

Quote from: Spite on March 30, 2011, 02:27:18 AM
I don't see where you got 50k from? If Pendlebury goes up 40k and selwood goes down 100k, I make 140k, not half of it?
If one of my rookies got up to 230k, I would possibly trade them out. I said I wasn't entirely happy with 140k, but I would take it. 
Winning a league doesn't mean anything to me because you play it totally different than overall. You were in a league of people trying to go for highest overall ranking, not a league win. I have made final 64 in the eliminator and I didn't lose because I ran out of trades either.

People don't seem to understand that this year is totally different than all the other years. We have MORE money (equals more starting premiums) and MORE trades. We can get a full premium team quicker and pump out higher scores more often. I have 15-16 premiums at the moment. I only need 7 = 14 trades to get a full team. That leaves me 10 for injury/cover for byes. Every other year is has been 11-13 premiums, meaning 9 upgrades = 18 trades and 2 for injuries. It is really a different game this year and no one really knows best.

I know last season that the winner of SC went the last 5 or so rounds with no trades and still won.

Obviously if Selwood is named on the field, I will keep him regardless of his price change. It's just weighing up the risk of whether he could be subbed and get a sub 40 score again. Again, no one really knows.

"If people are thinking about trading now their is not a chance in hell that our league will be as high in the rankings as it is now by years end."

This was a very harsh statement and I do not believe it to be true at all.

"Im just saying Value your trades."

This is a much fairer statement and I do know this to be true. :)

i agree with spite here, i only need 16 trades max to fully upgrade my team and thats getting rid of guys like petrie. 8 trades is more than enough for injuries and if i have a horror injury run than i just keep petrie, krak , knights or adcock.

I really dont think selwood would go over to the west and become a sub, i probably would keep him in if i had him even if he was missing but i see the reason behind trading him out.  Both Spite and Fenno have valid points and we will see voer the next few weeks which was the beter option.

I did what some people called stupid trades, namely mitchell to swan because mitchell was strugling to hit 100 scores, in retrospect that was a good trade.

Chopps

We got lots of trades this yr I need 16 for upgrades that's upgrading everyone under Higgins, so I think we'll be right there.
Would you trade selwood if he doesn't play and get him back rd7, I don't have him just interested

Mish

both fenno and spite have very valid points!! but if anyone remembers my last years performance whilst dealing with injuiries... it was a nightmere, i had a lottttt of injuiries, even the non injuiry prone players copped it!!! and for just about the whole season i was using trades on injuiries instead of improving my team.

i'm a big believer in that if you have a premiums in your team, you just have and forget unless there is LTI's.

i think what Fenno is worried about as am i, is there is nothing worse than seeing people with a happy trade finger... and the last thing you wana see is when round 4-5-6 come around and you got donuts coz of injuiries and nor having enough MMP's on field you will be forced to trade due to donuts on field.

remember, you can never rely on rookies to play every week. coz they wont, regardless how good they are doing etc. unless your ryce palmer in 09.

chatters24

None of us have won the car yet, so no ones opinion is worth more than the other's. At the end of the day you do what you want to your team, everyone else can only try to help you with their good, and some not so good advice.

My own personal thought's regarding Selwood (I don't have him by the way) is that I would keep him regardless of whether he plays this week or not because I myself am not comfortable in trading one premium for another. However in saying that, Spite has clearly given this a lot of thought and I have no issue with his theory at all.

Footy God

Tossing up Matera or Darling on field.
Darling V PA
Matera V Carlton

Little concenred about Materas role in the side, do you think he will push up the ground?

Flame

Quote from: Fenno on March 30, 2011, 02:00:18 AM
I highly doubt Selwood would go over and just play a half of footy. Would say he would play a full game or no game.

Oh and Spite do what you want with your team but Selwoods rd1 score will only count in 1 price change. I would put money on if you make the trade come the end of the year when you have no trades left you wish you hadn't of done it.

A premium is a premium his price shouldn't matter if your keeping them the whole year and Trades are like gold. So basicly your saying your trades are worth only 50k because selwoods score only counts for 1 price change 100k max if he has another ave game. Does this mean you trade your rooks before they have even made 100k.

I won the FF elite league last year and this didn't happen by making stupid early trades.

Im just saying Value your trades.
[/quote
Don't remind me about your win Fenno!!!

Mish

j959

Quote from: Footy God on March 30, 2011, 06:12:58 PM
Tossing up Matera or Darling on field.
Darling V PA
Matera V Carlton

Little concenred about Materas role in the side, do you think he will push up the ground?
i'm goin with Matera on the field over Darling and Richardson because Nth v WCE was played in flowering hot conditions and i reckon will take a bit out of them ...

Chopps

Yea heat is a factor no le cras forward tho, I am playing  ....... Yea no idea still leaning towards darling think gc will get thrashed

Footy God

Yeahh, Darling looks the go but will have extra attention on him. Chaplin to take him?

Swallow V Savage?

Savage V dees
Swallow V Calrton

Actually thinking Savage....

Mish

id pick swallow out of the 2 but thats me. :) probs coz i dont have savage in my team hehe