Main Menu

Giants Cup Week 1 discussion thread

Started by BratPack, February 13, 2011, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

It's Day 1 of the Giants Cup for a lot of FFer's today on FTP. With a crumbling pitch on offer in India Spin is the thing to win. But will the FFer's? Let me share my thoughts

Roo Boys!  v Kerala Warriors
It's closer than most would think. R&B seems to have the advantage though. Spin is a strength for him.
FF Win?: Yes

The Brat Pack  v Super Tigers 11
About a week ago I would've said no chance. But he has sold players since then. His guys are more experiencd definitely and he still should win. But he's not the lay down misere he was. If Roberts can fire....
FF Win?: Unlikely. But not impossible

Hammertown Warriors  v John Howard's Coathangers
ML is in the same boat as me really. He's not favored nor is he totally out of it. Lack of a quality spinner to back up Ridge may tip the scales against him
FF Win?: Unlikely

Linkin Park v bombersXI
Already has been played
FF Win?: Uhhhhh.....No

Tickle My Timber v Rebel Spinners
This game is brought to by "No Country for Old Men" and is a knifeedge game. Probably the hardest one to predict. In the end Shaggy's spinners may just push him over the line. But When you rate with in 1.2k of each other. Who knows?
FF Win?: Coin Flip. I'd say yes though.

Now for the FF wars

Hillly's Heroics v Hello
Hilly's getting there. Spin is one of his major plus for his team. Problem is HP's spinners are just as good if not better. But if Hilly can get away to a start (His Top Order just shades HP's). He's a huge show.
Winner: Hello should get the duke. But it won't be easy

DazBurg's Greatness v Frankston XI
The man who's never lost a FF battle against FF's Self Appointed Giant Killer. Daz has made some improvements though and in fact his top order if put together right probably just shades GS's. But Spin is the thing to win. As talented as Anderson is. GS has got the spinners and Daz hasn't
Winners: Frankston XI. But Daz DOES have the knack of pulling an upset when you least expect it.

Golden C v Gunz n Rosez
One that a lot of people on FF will be watching with intrest I'm sure. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses. It's should be closer than the 7k or so rating gap suggests
Winner: Gunz n Rosez. But a crumbling pitch against Barlow's spinners IS probably where BOOMZ is most vulnerable...

Fletch's No Balls v The Matchbox Matadors
Both teams have steadily improved. Both teams should be up for this. Could come down to which spin group performs and which doesn't
Winner Or Who bats first. I'd lean towards Fletch. But it's tight.

bomberboy0618

Linkin Park v bombersXI
Already has been played
FF Win?: Uhhhhh.....No
to be fair he outrated me by 10k :)

Fletch74

CF and I are currently playing.

End of over 23 (4 runs) - The Matchbox Matadors(104-3) RR 4.52
G. Warwick 7 (16b) , P. Henderson 28 (53b) , D. Boag 2-0-6-0

CrowsFan

Nice write up there BP. Surprised I have only lost 3 wickets to be honest

8-6 Suited

Actually, just want to correct you on one thing BP. 75% chance whoever bowls first on Crumblers/Dry will win. Chasing is easier on spin pitches for some reason.

But very nice write up.

roo boys!

Nice write up BP :)

Kerala Warriors and I rate pretty much EXACTLY the same in friendlies, and with Cloudy and Crumbling it is certainly going to be decided by the bowlers. I am going in with 3 seamers and 2 spinners, 2 seamers with Outs summaries and 2 spinners with Outs summaries, and then Stevenson with an Exp summary, but I think he could really rip through a line-up if he gets lucky.

I have discussed tactics with my captain, and I am set for a big one :)

If Jaseam can hang around with Furlonge/Makinson then I am in for a bit of luck. Furlonge and Makinson both have Spec summaries so they should be something to base my innings around.

Shaggy, I thought that too but my captain said to bat first.

CrowsFan

Well shaggy I'm hoping to be part of the 25% of people who win batting first ;)
Hopefully my 2 outstanding spinners can do something on the hot crumbling pitch :)

Boomz

It's an advantage to bowl first but I don't think it's that big...

8-6 Suited

Not saying it doesn't happen at all but its more likely to happen as I said.

Who is your captain R&B?

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on February 13, 2011, 01:44:43 PM
Actually, just want to correct you on one thing BP. 75% chance whoever bowls first on Crumblers/Dry will win. Chasing is easier on spin pitches for some reason.

But very nice write up.
+1 That's why I chose to bowl first

Justin Bieber

Nice write up BP 8).

Should be a bunch of good matches. Mine only starts at 8 though ::).

8-6 Suited

Oh crap. GS filled his only exploitable weakness in his spin department... No Wrist Spinner.

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=84732

And he filled it extremely well too with a spec summary o.O!

MajorLazer

8-6 Suited

The time has come... Good luck to all.

Boomz

Good luck but really I'm hoping u all fail unless ur on my team ;) :P