Main Menu

Chris Yarran

Started by Alex7089, February 12, 2011, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Looks alright. Has a new role at half back and he could be quite damaging, he looked good tonight and 3rd year so he could break out. Is anyone considering him?

browny_wce

looking good just watching it now on 10 (perth) great role for him, as hes very skillful n quick as!
that forward line was too busy for him with garlett and betts

lets see if he becomes a stat getter or a Richard Tambling

Duigan looked good aswell

RiOtChEsS

if we feed him the pill hell yes...

hardly anyone hit a target coming out of defence tonight >:(

Alex7089

Duigan looked very good and put up a good score as well, it would be nice if he could do that every week :P
Didn't score very well in that first game, due to a role on Nahas, but when he did get the footy he looked dangerous.

Might end up playing more of a defensive role though :-\ I'm just going to hope that Carlton gets through on percentage so I can watch a bit more of him :P

RiOtChEsS

the freako will send us scores of the other matches anyway i rekn...

pretty sure that was the case albeit DT only

tferrier18

He looked good but he didn't actually get much of the ball...

He wasn't the go-to man out of defence and he wasn't involved in any linking passages whilst running out of defence ala heath shaw so to be honest it didn't seem entirely promising...

I'd like to see a full length NAB game to see how he plays that position again (because it looked like he was playing shut down roles)

thoughts?

Big_Cox14

From what I saw of the game against Richmond, it looked like Ratten was trying him out at half back to help improve the defensive side of his game. I'm not sure if it will be permanent but he is also a good user of the ball. Something I think Carlton lack a bit in their backline right now.

Even though he didn't get a lot of the ball, I thought his defensive pressure was really good against Richmond. If Walker stays in the forward line, he could be an x-factor.

Alex7089

Quote from: tferrier18 on February 13, 2011, 02:45:35 PM
He looked good but he didn't actually get much of the ball...

He wasn't the go-to man out of defence and he wasn't involved in any linking passages whilst running out of defence ala heath shaw so to be honest it didn't seem entirely promising...

I'd like to see a full length NAB game to see how he plays that position again (because it looked like he was playing shut down roles)

thoughts?
It is worrying but it would be interesting to see how he approached it if it was a whole game.
I agree that they didn't really look for him but they need to, turnovers coming out of defence is a huge issue for them and if he could help them there he'd be a lot more valuable than as a third small forward.

nathan11

read in the paper they are worried about him being able to last 22 rounds, that makes my decision for me

tferrier18

well, at 300k you'd only have him as a cash cow and trade him out before carlton's first bye anyway

Luigi197

looked good in Nab... but it was NAB...
not a starter in SC IMO

Fletch74

Carlton are trying to revamp their backline, and his move there should provide better scores for him. Could be a very unique pick, and a good cash cow.