DANIEL HARRIS, thoughts

Started by uteboy, February 12, 2011, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uteboy

Hi guys i just want to know peoples thouhts on Daniel Harris form the GOLD COAST  the ex ROO,. Everyone seems to be getting on swallow, bennell,. Harris SC scores last year in the VFL were verry very good they are as follows,

212, 73, 119, 109, 125, 112, 145, 99, 144, 75, 129, 133, 112, 65, 131, 139.

thats an avg of 120.1 not to bad for only $125, 700 and he had 4 years at the roos so he had a lot of game time.. Worth the punt i say..

ELLsendon

So whyd he leave the roos anyway?

RiOtChEsS

sid3bysid3

delisted... collingwood nearly traded for him (got ball instead), then kangas said goodbye too slow.

bigger body should play the 'joel selwood' or bartel role for ablett... be interesting to see who scores better out of swallow or harris but in VFL last year harris averaged twice that of swallow.

i'm not sure how much of a reliable indicator VFL sc has been. does anyone know what pods and barlow average in VFL 2009?

Alex7089

I have him, but I also have Swallow. Whoever is scoring better will start the other will be upgraded...Eventually.

I don't see what the problem with getting both is...

dabombers

Wasn't Harris one of the first guys to sign with GC. Wasn't happy at Nth and Nth delisted him b/c he had signed with GC and they weren't happy with that.
Could be wrong so dont take this as gospel.

Torress

early idea for a captain by the GC when they signed him.
i'm fairly sure i'll start this guy as well solid pick. seasoned body/experience at league level, thats what u look 4. good VFL scoring is very positive. We also have to think about riscatelli or however u spell it! he gets his fair share of the pill. but harris still is a dam good rookie with perceived rock solid job sercurity

dylsta05

get swallow and harris = cant lose.

tigertops

most people are choosing swallow over harris.

harris
has experience.
ripped it up in vfl with sc scores.
is 60k odd cheaper.

not sure why alot are going swallow over harris....am i missing something?

thompsoon

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on February 12, 2011, 12:44:27 PMi'm not sure how much of a reliable indicator VFL sc has been. does anyone know what pods and barlow average in VFL 2009?

Pods - 145 and Barlow - 132.....

Alright I just made that up.

Harris very good move getting him for his price.

Alex7089

Quote from: tigertops on February 12, 2011, 04:10:16 PM
most people are choosing swallow over harris.

harris
has experience.
ripped it up in vfl with sc scores.
is 60k odd cheaper.

not sure why alot are going swallow over harris....am i missing something?
I don't think so...
Swallow has been likened to Judd, so I suppose that would have quite a few wanting him.

Boomz

Harris will kill it ;) Swallow will be good but I can't have both & I think Harris will be better.

Barlow 21

I`ll be going with both. They should both average 70+ and be nice cash cows. ;D

tferrier18

Don't look at his VFL scores...look at his AFL scores!

Don't think for one second that he'll average close to 100 in AFL when he never came close to doing so in AFL (unless he's developed some insane hunger and now really loves his footy and is also now a ridiculously skilful player).

I'd expect him to average mid 80's.

He is basically a must-have though since he'll play 22 games.

tferrier18

PS where'd you get GC VFL stats from?